Friday, February 19, 2010

Poetic

In honour of my eldest daughter's first time at the "Dragonfly Cafe'" (Which is the creative writing outlet for the kids) I told Rebecca I would write a poem. She did want me to get up in front of the crowd and recite something off the top of my head, but Junior and Morgan wouldn't sit still. So.... for Rebecca, here is my poem.

CLEAN

Green, Black, Yellow, Brown, Pink,
These are the colors I must scour,
from the Earth and
From your porcelain throne.


Dust motes, like ancient columns,
stand crumbling before me.
Lattice like scum envelopes,
the smooth tile till my
citrus rain devourers it.

So there you have it. My attempt at poetry. Pretty cool if you ask me.


1 comment:

Putz said...

HEY HEY HEY, A CHARL GIRL'S LAMENT>>>.OH GREAT CLEAN ONE, YOU ARE SETTING THE CUSTODIAL WORLD ON FIRE WITH YOUR RETHORIC....LOVES YOU THE PUTZ, DO YOU KNOW ALL LONG I HAVE BEEN SUFFEREING THROUGH YOU AND YOURS/?????