Monday, January 25, 2010

Pains & Heros.

I was right. The crazy client lady was in her glory. She had us stay 2 extra hours with her crazy requests, stupid stuff, and extra cleaning! I had to call and reschedule our second house because of that shit! Now, thanks to all the hands and knees scrubbing for that heinous bitch my back is seriously trying to go out! I kid you not, my spine, right where it goes into my pelvis, feels like it is trying to explode! Just what I need. It has definitely been a Monday all around. Hell, it started out with a robbery thwarted by little old me!

See, I had to get gas for the van this morning. There was no way I was going to make it back to work from the schools without doing so. I stopped in the gas station and walked in the store to pay for my gas. I had a $100 bill and I was waiting for the guy in front of me to pay for his drink so the girl behind the counter could tell me if she had change for it. As she's talking with me I see she's distracted and looking over my shoulder. I turn around and see a small, stooped old man shuffling in the store. He's stopping right next to a Natural Light display, picks up a case, and starts walking out the door. The chunky cashier girl is trying to get around the counter as fast as she could, but she wasn't quite making it. Enter Blondefabulous...

I walk over to the man, so small and stooped over, and say "Hi there! How are you this morning sir! My name is Blondefabulous, and I just wanted to say hello and meet you today. Don't do this thing though. You don't want to go to jail. It's not worth it. I have been homeless along with my 3 kids in that car out there so I know where you are right now. Please don't do this." I extended my hand, smiled a million dollar smile, and looked him right in his eyes. The man stopped, set down the beer and shook my hand. The chunky cashier slipped up behind him, slid the beer away and then ordered the man to leave the premises. She shakes my hand and thanks me for my help, I turn and go and get my change from the $100 from the manager who is smiling at me, and I go to pump my gas. before I left the store though, I stopped and gave the man $10 of my change and told him, "Please go get something to eat." and I walked to the gas pumps to take care of business.

While I was pumping my gas, I saw two younger men who were apparently with the older man. They were being thrown off the gas station property as well and from what I could see, they had put the man up to trying to steal the beer. I guess they figured if he got caught and arrested, then they could say they weren't with him and take off. Fuckers.

So, I tweeted about it and got a few people asking, but then I started having the day from hell, so I didn't have time to give any more details. I really hope I made a difference to that man. He seemed surprised I wasn't yelling or calling him names, just talking like a normal person and looking him in the eyes. Treating him like a human being. I think that's all anyone really wants in this world.

Humanity. Pass it on.

4 comments:

Cissa Fireheart said...

I think you did a great thing with that, babe.

Humanity FTW!

Finn said...

Look at you! That was a wonderful thing you did. Brava!

Putz said...

what do you have against older pepoeploeos?????according to you they are bad drivers, and now theivies.....

blondefabulous said...

PUTZ: Sorry. I didn't mean it to sound like that, and I did say later I found that the two younger guys had put him up to it.