Sunday, January 31, 2010

Incredible Shrinking Woman.

As you read in yesterday's blog, HHH and I took the kids shopping yesterday. We went to the outlet mall in Ellenton and they got some nice clothes for when we got out to dinner, or for nice parties with their friends, etc etc etc..... While we were there I brow beat HHH into getting some new clothes too. I S-W-E-A-R that man can ruin anything in the span of two weeks! I threatened him within an inch of his life that if he ruined the new clothes he got I would withhold sex for a freakin year!! I think he got my point. As we strolled along we came up to Lane Bryant and I ducked in to see what was new.

Um.... what's new is I can't shop there anymore.

Now, this isn't a bad thing. One might even say it's good. See, Lane Bryant has clothes for women sized 14 and up.

I'm apparently a 12 now.

A year ago I was a size 20. I regularly shopped at Lane Bryant. Their clothes are beautiful!! Who ever does their designing is totally awesome! I made my wedding trousseau up out of their spring summer collection of that year. Now.... I don't belong there anymore. Boo! No fun. I was disappointed because I saw such pretty spring blouses and capris! HHH was telling me it was a good thing, to have shrunk so much I no longer fit into a favorite store. I was sad though. Lane was my girl! She was the friend I stole favorite looks from. She had pretty nighties to entice HHH with! And she had shit that fit me! I'm talking F-I-T. And I looked hot, no matter what size I was. Now though, she had nothing left in her closet for me.

So, with a little trepidation, I followed HHH over to the GAP. The Gap wasn't a great store for me. Their commercials showing overly happy, skinny dancers just didn't speak to me. I was nervous. What if I look like a complete dork? What if I try to put together something and I look stupid? I don't do well when I'm out of my comfort zone. I go from rack to rack, my daughters encouraging me with, ""Mom! Pick that it looks so cool!", or "Hey Mom, try this shirt!". Finally, I gathered a couple of things together and started towards the fitting rooms. First, I was surprised that the fitting rooms at that GAP were co-ed. When the hell did THAT happen?!? Then...... OMG! I was putting on size 12 bottoms and large tops!! LARGE! Not XL, not Plus.... just plain old large! I picked out an outfit and HHH took it to the register for me. He knew he had to do that because I would find a way to talk myself out of it. It was awesome.

On Sunday, HHH wanted to go riding over to Whole Foods on the motorcycle. It was a little nippy out so I went to put on my jeans. Yeah... they fell off. So after the Whole Foods run, we went to Old Navy for jeans for me, once again, in size 12. I haven't been a 12 since before Junior was born!

Just call me Lily Tomlin!

4 comments:

metalmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I wanna be you someday! LOL

Finn said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

phinz said...

You totally rock!
Way to go!!!!

Christina LMT said...

Yay! Good for you! It's scary, but it's fun, too. :)