Sunday, November 29, 2009
So any way, Happy Birthday to my sweet Rebecca Daisy! I love you honey and every day you make me the proudest Mom ever!!!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Now I am going to go to bed. I spent tonight making Rebecca's birthday cake for her party tomorrow. It was a 3 tiered concoction with a beach theme and a dolphin figure made out of fondant on the top! I am beat now.
Good night and GO GATORS!
Friday, November 27, 2009
I love the commercials and wait for them every year. There are tear jerkers, happys, funny, musical, and all sorts of commercials! I like the ones that go old school and use something like Rudolph or Frosty to sell me stuff. Call me nostalgic.... My favorite by far has to be the Garmin commercials. I first started seeing the Garmin commercials back in either 2005 or 2006. You remember....
Look! There's a moose,
Give me a noose,
I'm lost again,
Where's highway 10,
This isn't good,
Went to buy a wreath,
He has no teeth,
Something I can't remember
The wife's gonna freak,
There's the moose again,
Where's highway 10?
Give a, give a, give a,
Give a Garmin.
Yeah that one. I saw the new Garmin commercial today. I don't know the words to that one yet, but I'm sure by the time Christmas finally gets here it will be embedded into my cortex. Even the kids know the Garmin songs!
So, what commercials get stuck in your head during the holiday season?
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Hope the sales were great! I got a two tiered birthday cake to make after work. C-ya!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
1. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade on television. Yay or nay?
Yay! Yay yay yay yay yay! I love the parade! It is a tradition.
2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? You can’t say turkey!
Home made, cornbread and herb stuffing. I make it all from scratch and it is AWESOME!!!!!
3. What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) to go with your Thanksgiving Day meal?
4. Cranberry Sauce. Delicious tradition, or evil jello wannabe?
Jello Wannabe! It has to make the "schlorp" sound as it un-suctions from the can.
5. What is your favorite pie?
Pumpkin. With lots and lots of Cool Whip.
6. Match the following pies with the following toppings. Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry. Reddiwhip, Cool Whip, Ice Cream.
APPLE-Ice Cream, PUMPKIN- Cool Whip, BLUEBERRY-eeeewwwwwwww. No thanks.
7. Complete this sentence: The secret to a delicious post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich is:
I have a secret sandwich recipe I will be photo blogging for the day after Thanksgiving. It involves dressing, cranberry sauce, and gravy on a panini.
8. What is your post-Thanksgiving meal ritual? Don’t say pooping, you gross bastard!
Super Mario Wii tournament with the fam.
9. What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day themed movie or television episode?
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Peppermint Patty is an ungrateful bitch!
10. What are you most thankful for this year? You can only pick one!
That my family and I are still together despite 2009 trying it's damnedest to part all of us!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
This morning's dreams were no disappointment. I had about 3 different ones. The first was the usual driving in the company toaster down Tamiami, looking over to the right as I cross Bee Ridge, and BAM! I get t-boned by a huge truck! Then, either the dream ends right there with me waking up in a cold sweat, or it continues into the scenario with me being cut out of the car, going to the hospital, etc, etc...... Yeah, yeah..... this isn't a big one, but the fact that it has occurred at least 10 times now makes me a little nervous. They say that once you dream something 3 times it has the great possibility of coming true. Well that's one that has been happening a lot!
Then there was the one where I was enjoying a pleasurable mornings doings with HHH. Oh yeah, I don't mind those at all.... except when they get me all hot and bothered and I am so wrung out from puking for a couple hours straight that I can't do a damn thing about it! Yeah, it's so TOTALLY awesome to be horny and ill. Especially when sex on a stick HHH comes waltzing by every hour or so to check on me. Sigh........
Then the other one I didn't even understand. It had something to do with chickens, shopping, my old high school, and winter. I don't remember the happenings exactly, but If I didn't dress my chicken for Christmas in the right sweater, it was going to turn out badly. Yeah, I don't get it either.
So, I guess when I am sick, my brain is sick as well. Do you have weird dreams when you're sick?
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
So here is a list of plates I have seen so far....
New Hampshire, (NH)
New Mexico, (NM)
North Carolina, (NC)
North Dakota, (ND)
Rhode Island, (RI)
South Carolina, (SC)
South Dakota, (SD)
Texas, A (TX)
West Virginia, (WV)
So there you go! We have had almost every state here! I guess it's hard to drive over from Hawaii!
UPDATE: I forgot how many of our neighbors to the north are here as well! Here are the Canadian plates I have seen.....
How could I have been so remiss as to have forgotten them! I apologize, my Canadian friends! Forgive me?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
And the week isn't even going to end with Friday. No we have clients scheduled for Saturday and Sunday! The holidays are going to kill me!!!
Can I get the Christmahaunnakwanza fairies to bring me my clone now???
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I've never been able to take them well. I give them all the time, yet I almost never take them at their face value. It's been that way as long as I can remember. I usually just brush them off, laugh them off, or let them pass altogether. I don't know why I do this, but I think it's something I really need to work on. In just the last 7 days these are the compliments I have heard......
You don't look 37.
You were awesome at Derby Saturday.
You had a great hit on Saturday night.
You look great! How much weight have you dropped?
You look really great in that outfit.
That was a good presentation.
My home was very clean, thanks.
You get the point. And even though I sound confident and cool here on the Internet, thus is not the case in real life. In the real world, I feel small and insignificant. I realize that I lost 45 pounds all on my own, I started doing a great new sport, and I am now office manager of a thriving business, but I still see myself as a sort of screw up, like I was when I was a kid. I should be basking in the glow of compliment city, but I don't. I can't! Even when HHH looks at me and says I look so damn beautiful he doesn't know whether to stare at me or make love to me, I laugh at him and joke that he needs glasses. Then he gets mad at me and I have to cajole him out of a bad mood with a BJ or something like that.
I guess I am going to try to work on that in the future. Hey, I've been doing so good on my weight loss, trying new things, and making new friends.... what's one more goal, right? If this is what a mid life crisis is, I may be able to kick it's butt!
I think I have to..... for me.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
I have my Boss making appointments for me, Boss Lady's husband making appointments for me, The BIL making appointments for me, and the BIL's Girlfriend making appointments for me! WTF?? None of them even asked me about what I had on the schedule!!! The BIL's GF made an appointment for me for this Thursday at 5:30pm. Um... 'scuse me? That is when I am supposed to be getting off work to go home and feed my family. I am sooooooo glad they are all kidless and can go out for drinks at the drop of a hat, and don't have to care whether or not they are late to dinner, but I DO! Yes I have to take an hour out of my day to take my kids home now, but that only means I have to make up that hour, not work even more. I'm on salary now, so I'm not getting paid to work more than what I was asked for in the beginning. I don't think they realize what they're doing either. They also try to "coach" me while I am trying to talk to clients on the phone. It is annoying to try and talk to someone while there is a little voice trying to "help" me. Add that to the fact that I am having to go out and clean more and more and I am beginning to feel like I am being moved out of the office altogether! When the hell did that happen?? Sigh.......
Oh, and to make it even better, My boss just texted me that I am going to be cleaning ANOTHER house tomorrow. I'm getting paid a salary to do flunky work. I am NOT happy. That makes me having to clean houses 4 out of 5 days this week. I thought I was an OFFICE MANAGER?
Apparently I was mistaken.
HHH says if I keep getting screwed over to just quit, but I like my job. I like where it might be headed to, but right now, it is sucking.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Bring on the 2010 season!
1- Number of Derby Bouts I have ever been in.
2- The round that I was up in.
4- # of my family in attendance.
500- # of people who came to watch the bout.
3- Times I fell last night. (Due to hits)
25+- Times I got hit.
25+- #of times I hit back!
7- # of players I knocked out.
3- # of players I wiped out completely!
4- Videos my daughter took for me while I was skating.
3- Hours I was at the after party.
3- Margaritas I consumed at the after party.
1- Times I had to go to the penalty box.
Infinite #- How much fun I had last night!!!
So there you go! We may have lost to the more experienced team last night, but it was so much fun I don't think we cared! At one point, when I was going for a hit on a girl in the second period, she tried to juke to the left to avoid me and I ended up hitting her harder and we both went flying and hit the floor hard. I was up before her and I reached back to help her up and said, "Let's get back in this!" and we started skating again. The look on her face as I reached out to her, even as her team was wiping us out was priceless. I don't think she expected it, hell I know she didn't expect it! See, that's why I'm in this..... not for the competition, but for the fun. The sheer joy of participating in a sport where I can throw my whole self into it with abandon and just have fun.
Cause, that's what it's all about. Fun. Now I need pain killers!
Friday, November 13, 2009
1. People who take up the whole aisle in Target. What. The. Hell. Do you really have to block the whole freakin' aisle while you compare which hemorrhoid cream? Seriously? And while you are perusing the various ways you can make the ache in your ass go away is it possible to reign in your crotch spawn, cart, and stroller? WTF are you even doing? After spending an inordinate amount of time cordoning off a whole section of the store, YOU DON'T EVEN BUY ANYTHING!!! Fuckers.
2. Idiots who won't get out of the road in the parking lot. Um.... HELLO! There are 2000+ lb cars aiming at your fat ass and you're just going to walk down the middle of the car park? Did you lose all your cognizant brain cell to a chimpanzee attack? Get the hell out of the way! Roll your fat ass to one side or the other and let the people who are trying to find a parking spot go past you! Jeeze.....
3. People who are inconsiderate. And by people, I mean clients who no show my girls when they come to clean a house, and then have the royal gall to call me and demand to know why the home wasn't cleaned. WTF? Bitch, you weren't home to begin with and you want to get all pissy with me because your kitchen floor is still all shitty? Kiss off! Next time you do that crap, I am charging you full price for a no show and you can suck on that.
4. Snowbirds who CAN'T FUCKING DRIVE! Yes I know I live in Florida, and yes, I know I live in a resort style town where we have a larger population of winter visitors, but damnit man! Do they all have to drive 15 MPH under the speed limit? And taking up 2 lanes? And n.e.v.e.r. using their turn signals? I have almost been t-boned 3 times this week. Thursday night I had to take a different way to derby practice because of a two fatality accident at the intersection of Stickney Pt Road and Tamiami Trail. That is a dangerous intersection down here because it is one of the ways over to Siesta Key where all the vacation rental are. Sigh.... Guess I'll be upping my insurance coverage till they all go back up north.
5. I still miss my Toby. When the hell is this ache in my heart going to go away? I don't tell HHH, but I have cried at least once a day since he was killed. I try not to break down in client's homes when their cute, fluffy, LIVING dogs come up to me and want to play. It's been 4 weeks, so why am I still dying on the inside? This sucks. It sucks bad.
And that's what has been bothering me lately.
What's been bothering you?
Thursday, November 12, 2009
We (Rollergirls) have been getting quite a bit of press lately. Like tonight, I went over to the mall where 105.9 the Buzz was doing a remote at the local Ruby Tuesday's & Cosimo's 2 along with Miller Beer. A few girls and I froze our asses off out there handing out flyers and telling people about the bout on Saturday. OMG! I was freezing my ass off! We did take photos with one of the Morning DJ's for 107.9 WSRZ. When they get that one up on their web site I'll steal it for you guys to look at!
As far as I can tell, Sarasota is jazzed about having a roller girl team. I still need a cheering section for Saturday..... with signs! Someone said their friends were making signs to take to the bout! I thought that was an awesome idea. Hope HHH can channel his inner artist to make some signs for me. It will be the closest I'll ever get to being a Diva!
Speaking of HHH, ya'll send good vibes over this way because he goes to the doctor tomorrow to find out if his foot is actually broken or not. I'm hoping not. He hates being housebound and will go stir crazy within a week if he has to stay inside all propped up and crap.
OK, time to go to bed. I have a looooooooong day tomorrow. Remember, go here, buy tickets, come cheer for Blondefabulous and the Sarasota Roller Girls!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Did I mention it sucked?
The day began with my ankle feeling better, but not 100%. It was twinging all day. Then, I get to work and one of the girls calls in. Great. Then I go out to start cleaning and one of the houses and one of the other girls calls and says she can't do all 4 of her houses. I'd usually be kind of pissed about this, but yesterday she informed me that she just found out she has throat cancer. She was trying to finish out the week before taking a leave of absence to get treatment. FUCK! She is the sweetest person too! I hate it when shit like this happens to good people! I got that fire put out, then it was time to get the paperwork done for the next day when I got the call to go to an estimate. I did that, then had to run back to the office, pick up my car and go get the kids from school and run them home. Lucky for me my next estimate of the day was right over by my house! I did that and as I was finishing up at the man's house, I got a text from HHH saying he hurt himself at work and was now at the doctor to get xrays and a splint. Um....WTF???? Greeeeeaaaaaat! So now his ankle & foot is messed up,my ankle and knee are messed up, and we are just one happy household of owwie!
Lucky for me my ankle is feeling better. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice. I alternated between hot and cold, took Tylenol, and slept OK last night. Today wasn't too harsh so I was able to keep off it for the most part today. I thought it was funny that Anon and Redneck agreed on my course of treatment! I did lay off the jello shots so you all can stop worrying. So now I am getting super psyched for Saturday! At tomorrow's practice, there will be a film crew from PBS filming us for a show they are doing on our illustrious leader, Redneck Ophelia! We're going to be skating, being interviewed, and have our dress rehearsal filmed for a show that will get national broadcasting. Whoo hoo. PS- I still need a cheering section for me when we do our bout on Saturday. Someone get their ass down there and cheer for me!
So I am going to take another couple of Tylenol and elevate again.
PS- I am in serious L-O-V-E with my iPhone. That is all!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I have to get better by Thursday because there will be a film crew from PBS at practice to film a show about our illustrious leader, Redneck Ophelia! I don't want to be skating all wonky!
Ooh! Time for another jell-o shot!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Tonight I was at a meeting with Boss Lady and her husband. It started out well. I was told that I was doing a good job even though I didn't get very much training and that I was continuing to do well. However, I could hear it coming. Like a freight train, I knew what was coming. I recognized the "compliment sandwich" like from on Family Guy.
The kids have to go.
I pick up my children from school in a 20 minute period, bring them back to my office, and oversee their homework while completing my work until time to go home. They are there for about an hour and a half. Even though I get a lunch break, I use that time to go get the kids, so I don't lose productivity. I make up time by staying after on Tuesday's and Thursday's till 6pm. They are quiet, occupied, and out of the way.
And they have to go somewhere other than my office.
So now, in addition to all the other crap I do all day, all the driving, shuttling, working, and everything else..... I am going to have to drive the kids directly home after school, then come back to finish the day.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
I asked a few questions on Twitter about what apps I should get and I got a few people answering, but I am still a little overwhelmed at the amount of apps there are available! Sheesh! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
The other reason I got an iPhone, and please excuse me if you're tired of hearing this, but we had been looking for a new family dog to join us and I have had no luck. Either the places want anywhere from 400 to 1900 dollars for the dogs they have, or what we find in our price range will grow to be too big for our apartment. We can't win! So I told HHH, just let's get me an iPhone. I'm really not ready for another doggie right now. I broke down in Bealls yesterday looking at pet Christmas items. Yeah.... still messed up in the head about Toby. Probably will be for quite a while. Sigh.....
So, now I have an iPhone. I am now with the rest of the world, and it took my eldest daughter 30 seconds to ask if she could have my old one.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
At least I think I will stay in touch w/everyone.....
Anyone wanna stay in touch?
Friday, November 6, 2009
- My first official derby bout is in 7 days. Can.Not.Wait!
- My employees keep trying to rip me off time wise. Do.Not.Like.
- My boss keeps trying to "help" me manage the office. Do.Not.Want.
- My boss's husband is my $300/hr business coach. Best.Freebie.Ever!
- My cat WILL NOT leave me alone. Paranoid.Schizophrenic.Cat.
- My husband dealt very well with the little girl sleep over till I got home. Love.That.Man.
- Made $80 serving at a cocktail party tonight, Easiest.Money.Ever.
- Had to clean 2 houses today. My.Feet.Hurt.
- Was stuck in traffic today.... ALOT! Hate.Stupid.Drivers!
- This is all you get today.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
TUA: Why does the pot hole in the GEICO commercial sound like Brittney Spears?? Are they saying she's a pot hole?? Just asking....
Anyway..... 11/14 cannot come fast enough. As it is, I am jonseing every Thursday & Tuesday. Did I say that backwards?? Um I have had 7 jell-o shots tonight after practice and I am tipsy! Perhaps I should go and shower off all this sweat and smell and get cleaned up. Ha ha, quick side note.... I have to wear two.... count 'em, TWO sports bras to hold all my yummy goodness in! Yep. If i don't do that, I will end up boob slapping someone! Heh.... we aren't that kind of league.
Anyways, Don't be square, go to Our site and buy a damn ticket!!!!! I need a fucking cheering section when I'm skating!!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Florida in November.
My Favorite Customers.
My favorite TV shows.
Being a starter in derby.
Sleeping in on a weekend.
Meeting new bloggers.
Upcoming trip to Grinchmas.
Slow computers @ work.
Loud upstairs neighbors.
Freaking out at Avitoween.
Late days @ the office.
Being too tired for sex.
I'll add more as I think of them.
What's on your lists?
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
I can also accommodate food allergies such as,.... um........ CELIAC'S DISEASE!! I have a gluten free version I make as well. Hey, don't think I wouldn't want one of those yummy delights for myself! So, get your orders in now, as I am working and I need to set aside time to get the stuff baked and put together!
The meringue mushrooms make it TOTALLY worth it!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
- Worked all day Friday even thought HHH and the kids were off of school and work. Had a chance to go to a swinging party at a bar called the Cabana, but opted to spend time with the fam since we almost never get to be together. I made the right decision.
- Spent most of Saturday in bed feeling yucky because my tummy wasn't thrilled with something I ate on Friday night. I hate hidden gluten. Any manufacturer who doesn't disclose it on their lables should be drug out into the street and shot!
- Went to a few pet places that specialize in puppies. This was a HUGE step for me. Toby has been gone two weeks now and even though I may not be ready to get another friend, just holdingthe little bundles was therapeutic. I only cried once too! And before anyone says anything, I looked at the shelter FIRST, but none of their available animals were going to be under the weight limit for where we live. It sucks, but we have to abide by the rules.
- Got the entire house decorated up for trick or treaters and we got zilch! Now I am stuck with a butt load for candy I do not want! I may put most of it away and keep it on hand for when my kids get low. Nothing like a chocolate bar to get their sugar back to normal levels.
- On the flip side, when I got dressed up and took the little ones t or t-ing, there were only 8 houses giving out candy in our neighborhood! WTF??? 8??!!?? What a gyp, as Morgan called it! What got me was there were a few houses that were all decorated up and looked awesome and you got up to their door and they weren't handing out candy!! Cheap asses!
- Went out Sunday and got stickers for my helmet. Made it look totally awesome. I also got my #'s so I could iron them on on my jersey. I am #11, in reference to HHH's high school football jersey #. I also got new letters to fix where the "fabulous" is peeling off. Hate it when that happens.
- If anyone who is good at web casting can possibly help me out on November 14th, I want to get someone to come and do a live shot of the bout so I can run it somehow for everyone to watch. I have no idea what that entails so any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't do that, I need someone to at least record the damn thing so I can post it on Youtube and link to it.
And I am the same me!