Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tis The Season...

... to be jolly, or so I have heard.

Jolly is something I can usually pull off with grace and dignity. I never drink too much at the company party and make an ass of myself, I let other drivers cut me off and happily wave at them as they try to kill some other unsuspecting motorist, and I even give a cheery wave to people as they rush by me on the street or in that death trap they call a mall! It is the time of year. It makes me think about another time of year..... last Halloween to be exact!

See, I will be in Orlando again this coming weekend, namely the 17th to the 20th with my family for Grinchmas at Universal, and I put out to the Twitterverse today that I wanted to get together with some folks and maybe have drinks one of those nights. This is a big thing for me because at Avitoween I was a chicken shit when it came to meeting and talking to people! I came off as stand offish and didn't get to meet half the people I wanted to. All because I have this fear of the new and unknown. Then I got to thinking..... I meet new and unknown people every. frickin. day! I meet people, go to their houses, talk to them, convince them to give me their money and employ my company's services, and then go on to the next new client! Lather, rinse, repeat ad infinitum! Over and over I meet new people I have never seen before, but when it came to meeting people I have already known from the Internet and reading their blogs and email and I froze up faster than molasses in January in Saskatchewan! W? T? F? I just don't get it. I am a grown woman. I am gonna be 40 in 3 years time. I should be able to conquer this phobia! I will conquer it! I must! The best way I know how to do that is to jump in with both feet and ride roughshod over my fears. The next time I have to meet up with anyone from my blogosphere is when we go to Orlando next weekend.

Hey, I'll just call it my gift to me this season! So who in the Orlando area wants to go have that drink next weekend?

1 comment:

Finn said...

Good luck! You'll do it; I have faith in you.