Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fowl Brawl By The Numbers.

Last night was the most fucking awesome night I have ever had! I was so excited and pumped and totally ready for the bout! We got there at 5:30 to start setting up the track and the TV crew from Thursday was there again. We got things set up and it was time to get geared up and on the track. We warmed up as the team from Ft. Myers arrived and then it was time for the National Anthem, the team intro's, and the demo lap. Finally.... it was ON!

1- Number of Derby Bouts I have ever been in.
2- The round that I was up in.
4- # of my family in attendance.
500- # of people who came to watch the bout.
3- Times I fell last night. (Due to hits)
25+- Times I got hit.
25+- #of times I hit back!
7- # of players I knocked out.
3- # of players I wiped out completely!
4- Videos my daughter took for me while I was skating.
3- Hours I was at the after party.
3- Margaritas I consumed at the after party.
1- Times I had to go to the penalty box.
Infinite #- How much fun I had last night!!!


So there you go! We may have lost to the more experienced team last night, but it was so much fun I don't think we cared! At one point, when I was going for a hit on a girl in the second period, she tried to juke to the left to avoid me and I ended up hitting her harder and we both went flying and hit the floor hard. I was up before her and I reached back to help her up and said, "Let's get back in this!" and we started skating again. The look on her face as I reached out to her, even as her team was wiping us out was priceless. I don't think she expected it, hell I know she didn't expect it! See, that's why I'm in this..... not for the competition, but for the fun. The sheer joy of participating in a sport where I can throw my whole self into it with abandon and just have fun.

Cause, that's what it's all about. Fun. Now I need pain killers!

7 comments:

Poppy said...

I am oddly proud of you for having to go to the penalty box. Elbow???? :D

YAY for great time!!!

Blondefabulous said...

POPPY: No, I shoved the Jammer out and got caught doing it. I was glad to have only gotten caught once. I bet there was tons of shit I was doing to get called on! LOL!

Lynda said...

I always love when someone is a good sportswoman. I bet most people would have just skated off.

Are you posting any video on Facebook?

Lynda said...

Duh, I just saw that picture was a video! Yay!

lol@me

Ren said...

Awesome that you had such a great time!

Redneck said...

Where did you come from? I saw some awesome hits last night that prove you are going to be a force to be reckoned with! Great job last night!

Redneck

Blondefabulous said...

LYNDA: Oh good. You watched the video. More to come!

REN: I had a complete blast! I should have dressed up in my derby stuff for Avitaween. I probably would have been so much more comfortable.

REDNECK: OMG! Thank you so much for that compliment! It means a lot coming from the leader of our roller girls. Smashley said the same thing too..... I guess I was just holding back in practice, but watch out during the bouts. I may look tame, but watch out! LOL!