Sunday, November 29, 2009

13

13 years ago today I was watching the UF/FSU game on a beautiful Saturday morning and I was waiting for my sweetest lady ma'am to come into this world. The nurses couldn't tell if I was screaming in labor pains or at the football game! The Gators eventually lost that game, but I won by giving birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl!
Now my baby girl has turned into a teenager. A TEENAGER! Holy shit when did that happen??? Am I that old?? Apparently so.
So we had a small birthday party on Sunday. Rebecca invited 4 girls over for a swim party, but only two could make it. We run into this problem every year, what with her birthday being right after Thanksgiving. So the girls came over, we had hotdogs first, then we went swimming(I L-O-V-E Florida!!!), and after that it was back to the house for cake and gifts.
We decorated the house with balloons and banners. It looked good.
Rebecca and her friends liked the cake. They ate a good bit of it, but I have a metric ass ton of cake left. Three tiers are a lot of damn cake!
And then she opened her gifts! She got a Lady Gaga CD, a shirt, a tea mug and some tea. HHH and I got her my old cell phone with an unlimited texting plan and a new outfit for school that included those "skinny" jeans that are apparently all the rage. I dunno......

So any way, Happy Birthday to my sweet Rebecca Daisy! I love you honey and every day you make me the proudest Mom ever!!!

10 comments:

Russ said...

Damn, I wasn't allowed to have sports on while my wife was in labor. It wasn't even a game that she cared about.

Finn said...

Happy Birthday, 13! And Happy Birth Day, Mom!

At least the Gators won this time...

Dana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA! Welcome to your teens darling. :) :)

LeSombre said...

Happy Birthday from Canadia Rebecca!

And yes, I speak for the whole country. Well at least Quebec. ;-)

CheekySweetie said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Have mercy on your Momma, darlin! lol

Bluepaintred said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca! I hope you have a WONDERFUL year!

(my captcha is "Becism" LOL - How apt!)

Redneck said...

Oooh lucky 13! Hope it was happy!

Bubblewench said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the best days of your life!

Damama T said...

Happy Birthday, Rebecca. Thirteen is a big time in your life. It's the beginning of the road to your future. Enjoy it and always remember that your future is YOUR choice. There are two roads before you. You can choose to take the hard road or the easy one. Careful, though, because the hard road looks like the easy fun one and the easy road looks like a lot of hard work. Believe me, though, sweetie, the work it takes to travel the easy road is nothing compared to the dangers and hardships you will face on the hard one. Of course, it's all your choice. Thankfully you have a pretty cool mom to travel with. Make good choices, kiddo, and you're on your way to the bright, beautiful, and wonderful future you deserve. Hugs, darlin!

marty mankins said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your 13 yr old. Sounds like her party was great.

It's been 5 years since my daughter turned 13. The shock of having a teenager doesn't hold a candle to now having an adult for a child.