Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whew!

OMG!! I finally have help in the office!

This is exciting for me because if I ever got sick, or had an emergency, there was no one to man the office.... I take that back, I was still in the office, I was just here sick, sober, and sorry! LOL! Anyway, my boss's BIL's girlfriend is shadowing me this week to see what it is that I do. I do everything!!!!!! Ha ha ha. Well, maybe not everything, but a majority of it all. Apparently she is also going to go out with a cleaning crew to get the hang of how long stuff takes too. She went with me to an estimate today and I showed her how I do the time addition and estimation, what it is we charge, and how I come up with the number. It may take a few weeks , but we'll get her going here. I don't think she's going to be full time, but just knowing I can be sick at home is a nice feeling.

Other than that, I have just been going along right now. I keep having to explain about Toby to people and it's hurting a little less each time. Is that a good thing?? I don't want Toby's memory to ever fade from my mind, he was such a good little boy! I guess if the hurt fades and only the happy memories remain I'll have done something right. As it is, I'm still not ready for another pooch just yet. HHH is jumping on that bandwagon because it will help the kids to get past the tragedy. I need to think about them. I am a grown up after all, at least I think I am. Do grown ups bawl like little babies when they find a dirty smelly dog t-shirt in the couch cushions?

Yeah..... I think we do.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Yeah for help!! What a great feeling that must be.

And yeah, we all bawl over those things (well I do). Hugs.

Finn said...

About the bawling... oh yeah.