Thursday, October 8, 2009

Because I'm Graceful Like That!


So.... yeah. Not going to Derby practice tonight. I am such a graceful swan, I messed up my ankle today at work. And not even in the kind of way where it's sounds cool when you tell people about it. Like when you can say, "Duuuuude! I totally f*cked my ankle up doing a massive hit in Derby last night! It was sweeeeeeeeet!" Nope. Can't say that. I tweeked my ankle Washing the laundry at the end of the day in the office. Yep I turned wrong while loading up the dryer and rolled the left ankle. It kind of hurta little,but nothing major. Then I went to move and rolled the right ankle as well.... and that one DID HURT!

Frack.

And there was practice tonight.

Double frack.

So now I have it propped up and resting. It looks just lovely in the craptastical photo above. I am going to take lots of tylenol and a sudafed so I don't feel it throbbing and I am going to go to bed early so hopefully it doesn't feel like crap tomorrow when I have a house to go clean. Sheesh.

I thought derby was going to improve my balance!

3 comments:

Finn said...

Ouch!

Russ said...

As the recipient of many, many, injuries, always remember RICE.

Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate

Get better!

Poppy said...

Owie, owie, owie, owie... I hope you're doing better!