Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Once More, With Feeling!

Hmmm.... it is beginning early this year. I was at my son's school picking up him and his sister. As I am waiting for them to come to the clinic two little girls from Junior's class walk in, recognize me, and proceed to say, "Junior got a frowny face in his planner. He was fighting in the lunch room." Uh... OK. I thanked the little girls and waited for my son to come in. He finally gets there and I ask him what happened.

It seems that once again, in the lunch room, another child was teasing my son. This boy called my son names and made mocking gestures apparently. My son, being the mischievous little boy that he is, didn't slap the taste out of his mouth like his sister did to a kid last year, no. He decided to dive across the table and choke the living shit out of this kid! Yes, my son is just like my daughter in the fact that he doesn't put up with other people's crap! The fact that the teacher described a WWE-esque dive across a lunch room table took me aback. I didn't know my son was so talented. I was also informed that it took a lunchroom lady 2 minutes to pry my son's fingers from around this kids throat. What I would like to know is why a lunchroom was letting some other kid run roughshod over the other children at the lunch table. Still, this was no excuse for physical violence and Junior received a STERN talking to. HHH and I made it clear that there is to be no more incidences of this to happen in the future.

Personally, like when Morgan slapped the taste out of the mouth of a boy 2 heads taller than her after her teased her mercilessly, I think the kid was asking for it. Schools may "say" they are waging a war on bullying, but really? They have more things to worry about than bullying, like budget cuts, H1N1, MRSA, test scores, and teacher retention. Some kid calling others names isn't exactly high on the priority list.

All I know is my kids are more than capable of standing up for themselves. Everyone else better watch out!

No comments: