Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Lot Going On.

Recently, my life has changed drastically. Drastically for the better, mind you, but still a huge change from a year ago. Last year at this time I wasn't working. My kids were just finding their way in a new school with new teachers, new friends, new medical processes. HHH was settling in to his new job.... all seemed right with the world and I was a happy woman. Then... the world collapsed around me and I had my "little breakdown". I don't know if I ever thanked everyone that helped me and my family. It kept me from doing something so freakin stupid it's hard to comprehend now. (I really need to be on meds or something!)

So anyway,...... I stopped and took stock of where everything is right now, and it is even better than I thought it would ever be, albeit busier. What with keeping the kids in the same school and driving them there every day, picking them up, staying at work till 6 on Tuesday and Friday so I can get Morgan from ballet, and just the long days I put in anyway.... I am a tired woman. Add to that the upstairs neighbor being a loud ass, my cat playing "Knock shit off of high places loudly" at all hours of the night, and my not being able to get to sleep till 11 or 12am and I am a tired busy woman who sounds like a broken record because I keep harping about it on here.

So now I am here, where ever here is, and I can take my kids out when they want to go somewhere. I can buy them clothing without having to budget it into the money for three weeks from now. We can go have a family day and spend time out having fun and grab some lunch. If the kids need something, I can go get it now. I used to have to think about it.... about whether or not I could afford it. Add an extra $2000 a month and suddenly life gets easier. Who knew? Money may not "buy" happiness, but it sure as hell facilitates it!

So I may be working, not seeing the kids as much, not seeing HHH as much, but it's all better in the end right?

Right?????

6 comments:

Russ said...

Just make sure you put some money into a rainy day fund. You never know whenyou will need it! After, I'm glad you're in a better place.

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

I'm so glad things are continuing to go well!

Finn said...

You sound so much happier now. Busy's not always bad, just make sure to take some time for yourself and find a way to get some better sleep. xoxo

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: We are living across from a financial counselor who is giving us some sage advice on how to sock away some cash and keep it safe for down the road.

JAN: Me too!

FINN: I know busy isn't bad, and there's derby to get my frustrations out when I need to!

Poppy said...

There are some people who cannot handle or stand having a complicated life, and there are others who need it.

So, depends on your side of the fence. :)

phinz said...

I love hearing about how well things are going for you! You all sound like you're ALL busy and happy and loving your lives! Way to go!

BTW--your body will tell you when you need some down time (i think that's what colds are all about).