Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labour Day


So they say tomorrow is a holiday. A holiday for the honest working soul to celebrate the fact that they give their time and energy to others doing some of the most menial tasks.

I will be working this holiday. I called all clients who were scheduled on 9/7 and asked them if they wanted us to come, seeing as it was a holiday and all, and half of them responded that they would like us to come and work. As such, I have 4 of the ladies coming tomorrow to take care of 3 houses each. It shouldn't take long. Maybe half the day. Due to this coming up, Boss Lady and I are going to go through the calender and mark down the days we are going to close the office for holiday. That way I can look ahead and tell our clients that we will NOT be open and cleaning on certain days. I know it seems silly.... but these rich blowhards think we are at their beck and call. Any time, any where. Yes we are a service organization, but there has to be a line. We're people just like them, with families and lives and things we'd like to do. It's like I said the other day, once these people find out I live in a well to do part of town their whole demeanor changes. I go from getting the cold, succinct shoulder to a warm chummy Howdy do chat! It is insane. how can people be like that in this day and age??? It boggles the mind!

So tomorrow, when you are relaxing and enjoying your day off, think about those who are still out working. And think of those of us who deal with the snobbery of those we serve. That, my friends, is the true labour on this day.

3 comments:

Christina LMT said...

I'm working, too. It's just another day here in Sin City.

Have a good afternoon and evening, though!

Blondefabulous said...

CHRISTINA LMT: I tip my hat to you!

prissynotgirly said...

my mom was a nurse for 30 years so on labor day i always think about those people ... cops, firefighters, nurses, doctors