Thursday, August 6, 2009

They See Me Rollin' ......


Don't be hatin'!!!

I got my skates and helmet today. This is a photo of some like mine, except mine have red wheels!!This is a significant for me seeing as how the skates themselves are $130!! Yes I just blew $130 on a toy for myself. I'll get the pads and guards on my next check. I figure, Protect the head and get rolling and we'll do the rest as it comes.

The skates were a new experience for me. See, back in High school and Junior High, when I was skating regularly, I wore the kinds of skates that have a boot that went up over your ankle. It laced all the way up, had a solid toe stop, and regular wheels. The Derby Skates are like sneakers with really wide wheels and springy toe stops. It will take some getting used to. I was at one time able to complete jumps and spins and twirls..... but now I am old an decrepit. I gotta hope I don't break a hip! Next practice is Tuesday, and I can't wait to hit the rink!

3 comments:

kapgar said...

Those skates rock.

Jasper Mockingbard said...

I hope you didn't mean to say "hit the rink". That's how hips break.

phinz said...

I figure I have so much "natural" padding on my hips, I could probably fall a bunch of times before my bones even noticed it . . . and beleive me: I WOULD fall a BUNCH of times!