Saturday, August 8, 2009

One Of Those Days.

"I'm just having one of those days!" he says, then slams the door.

No, I am not talking about my 7 year old son..... I was fighting with my 30 year old husband. And losing. Miserably.

He tells me I have those kinds of days all the time, and that he puts up with me, so why should it be any different when it's his turn. Well, for starters....

1. I give fair warning.

I can and do give fair warning if I am going to be a grouchy bitch. If it is that time of the month or I've had a wretched day at work... I tell it like it is. I don't mope and stew and take it out on others without waving a red flag! That would be shitty. I don't want to be shitty. Yeah sometimes it happens, but if I know and recognize the signs of me being a raging bitch, I'll let everyone know they need to step back.

That's it. Just one thing. It's the thing that is pissing me off today. Fight fucking fair. I love that crazy mofo like there was no tomorrow, but when he's like this I just want to strangle him! To be fair, I know I drive him nuts too when I am being a jerkface. Being a jerk to the ones you love and ruining a completely nice lunch and mall trip is just sucky. No one should do it.

I am beginning to wonder if I am not the root of all this . Not on purpose, but because of me working, being super busy, and starting a new hobby. I am no longer all about being an extension of HHH as his wife and that is straining our relationship. I was trying to ignore it. Unfortunately it has decided to rear it's ugly ass head today.

What am I doing wrong?

Sigh........

1 comment:

Tug said...

From the perspective I know, you're not doing anything wrong. You're finding yourself instead of being an 'extension'. It's a big adjustment & will take time for everyone, but it appears you need to talk about it when things calm down...work it out together when you're both calm and see if there's something more to it, or if it's just adjusting.