Saturday, August 29, 2009

Holy Sh%t!!


In a word....... F*ck!

So I wrote yesterday that I wanted to sleep in on Saturday right? That I wanted to lay languidly in bed with my HHH and enjoy not being up and about at 6am herding kids to a car for various school related activities.

It didn't happen.

At exactly 5:28am the people upstairs started having a knock down, drag out fight. Not a loud argument, not a disagreement about decorating themes....a fight. She was screaming, he was yelling. The sound of bodies slamming into the floor echoed loudly in our bedroom. It wasn't pretty. It sounded awful. Finally after 30 minutes of this, HHH called the courtesy officer for the complex to report it. In turn, she called the cops. Yes, we did wait 30 minutes.... but we wanted to be sure. Sure it was a problem, sure we weren't jumping to conclusions....

I'm not sure I want them living above us. From what I have been able to piece together, these people have had problems before, involving thrown items and broken windows. Not exactly the kind of people I want living over my kids, ya know? So now I have to look forward to fighting every weekend and loud thumping at 5am every weekday morning.

That mariachi music is sounding nice right about now.

UPDATE: It was VERY quiet this morning.

5 comments:

phinz said...

Maybe if the cops get called often enough, they'll be invited to move out?

Kim said...

I agree with phinz! I'd call everytime I heard a thump !

Poppy said...

When I was a late teen we lived next to a family who were all horribly abusive to each other. The husband threw his wife down the stairs and threatened them with a gun. I could hear everything from my bedroom, and was scared I'd be shot in my sleep. I spent a lot of time away from home...

Poppy said...

(BTW, that's when I lived in Vermont. Queens is a lot less scary.)

prissynotgirly said...

i'm recently back in apartment living again

nothing major ... just a roach on the sidewalk ... not the kind you can kill under the heel of your foot though

more like the kind you smoke

i made sure i threw it away before the kids saw it