Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dizzy Blonde

When I was a child, I had the worst when it came to ear infections. I got them all the time. The pediatrician knew me by sight. The pharmacists would stock extra antibiotic emulsion for me when winter came. My first three Halloweens were spent sick at home, in the hospital, and sick at home. Most people just thought I was a sickly child. It wasn't until doctors started to making the connection of second hand smoke and childhood ear infections that it started to make sense. My mother smoked like a chimney for 3 packs a day. By then though, it was too late. One bout I had was so bad, it perforated my ear drum on the right side and I lost some of the fluid in my inner ear. Even though the perforation eventually healed and supposedly I got back some of the fluid in my inner ear, I still have trouble. I was constantly car sick, plane sick, sea sick. I can feel an air craft carrier rocking in a calm harbor. It is a pain for when I have to travel and I usually d the driving when I can so as to counter act the queasy feelings. One of the more entertaining problems I have is When I am standing upright and I have my eyes closed, I will fall down. Yep! I don't even need the aid of alcohol to look as if I am falling down drunk! There is no way in hell I can pass a field sobriety test where you do that stand on one foot thing with your eyes closed even stone cold sober! In college this was sooooooo entertaining to my friends. I wasn't so amused.
So today, when I got back from a second estimate appointment, I happened to walk into the office and it suddenly started spinning. Then I suddenly started falling. And the backside of my skull smacked into one of the bookcases. Yeah... not good. It took a moment or two to collect myself and get back up off the floor. That was when I decided to call it a day. Even though my last team wasn't back yet, I packed up and left as soon as I felt the spell of vertigo was over. I figured I'd just do it sometime tomorrow when I was not feeling like I was on the Tea Cup ride at the local fair.

This is also why on the date of my blog-g-versary I have blown off the usual "Oh I love blogging" yadda yadda yadda for this poor excuse of a post. I have been blogging for over 3 years as of August 22nd. I still blog almost every day. I blog the happy, the sad, the fun, and the boring. You all have stuck around, and for that I thank you.

Happy Blogoversary to me!

1 comment:

phinz said...

Congratulations on the anniversary!

Hope you feel better!