Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bump In The Night.

So....... it has been 2 weeks since we've been in the new place. I have spent one of those weeks carpooling with the kids as well now that they are back in school.

And I am T-I-R-E-D.

Yeah yeah... I know. I need to quit my bitching and deal with it because thousands of other parents do the same school/work tango and I just need to suck it up, but really.... that isn't my problem. My upstairs neighbors are.

See, by the the time I get the kids sugar checked, shot, teeth brushed, and in bed it is 9pm. I will have about an hour with HHH before I start getting tired and then I am usually in bed by 11pm. I work twice as hard now for twice the money I was making before, so I enjoy a good night's sleep when I can get it. Lately, I haven't been able to get it because of the frisky, heavy footed couple upstairs.

Every morning, at about 5:15 am there is a loud thud upstairs above our bedroom. It really sounds like the guy has fallen out of bed. I was shaken out of a sound sleep this morning by that thud. I think the guy has to get ready for work then or something. Anyway I hear the thud, then him trodding to the bathroom, then back to the bed again, then maybe to the kitchen, etc etc etc........THUD THUD THUD! It doesn't help that the apartment upstairs is an upgrade unit that is all tile, but I digress...

Then there is the frisky part. If you follow me on Twitter, you saw the tweet I did about the girl upstairs being a bit of a screamer. Yep, full on "Oh my God! Aaaaaauuuuugh! Baby!" That's just fine. Get it on people! But at 7am on a lazy sleep in Sunday? Come on! Give me a break. HHH said he hears them going at it all the time at all hours of the day too. (HHH kinda works at home now.) So the upstairs neighbors are horny, loud, and avoiding us like the plague. Oh yes avoiding us ever since we saw them last Monday and the guy asked HHH if they were too loud upstairs. HHH looked him dead in the eye and said, " I plead the 5th." with a wink. The guy turned beet red and said he was soooooo sorry and HHH just said, "Oh no brother... props to you and your performance Sunday morning!" Dude turned even redder and took off upstairs.

Haven't heard any screaming since. Now to find a way to kill off the early morning thuds.

2 comments:

Christina LMT said...

Wow. I'm so sorry! I know what it's like trying to sleep when your neighbors are loud. I'm moving into a house tomorrow, I just have to hope my roomie isn't loud!

phinz said...

Maybe you should go out of your way to "bump into" these people more often, just for the squirm-on-their-part factor. However, HHH's comment was pure gold! I bet he could come up with a lot more for when you do "bump into" them!

As for the thud--perhaps expressing concern next time it happens? Like, run upstairs and pound on the door and breathlessly enquire, "Are you OKAY???It sounded like somebody really hit the floor up here!"

Heavy walkers should never be allowed to live upstairs from ANYBODY.