Monday, July 6, 2009

Yay Me!


I have news everyone! Good news. The best kind of news. NO I am not pregnant you sadists, so get that idea out of your head!!!!! Honestly, the nerve of some people! No my news is about work, namely my work at the green cleaning company. Remember back when I said I was going to get a team leader position because one of my co workers was going to be the new office manager? Yeah, that fell through. Seems my co worker was worried that she couldn't handle the job and she was worried that she was going to spend too much time away from her family, so she turned it down last Thursday. ENTER: Me! Over the weekend HHH was talking to me and we discussed that the kids were getting older and more responsible so if I wanted to take on more responsibility at work, he'd be OK with it. Alrighty then. First thing this morning, I went to JJ, the office manager at the moment, and asked if it was OK if I threw my hat in the ring for the job. O!M!G! JJ was ecstatic! She instantly called L the new owner and told her that I wanted to be the manager. L was ecstatic too! She was up in Michigan but was getting on a flight to come to Sarasota so we set up a time to talk when her flight landed later that afternoon.
We cleaned all morning and around 1pm got back to the office where I talked to both L and JJ. The job doesn't sound too terrible. Basically it is organizing, scheduling, and estimating jobs. I can handle that. I ran a whole restaurant before. I ran a kitchen and deli before. Hell, I ran my own cleaning business before! All I have to do is learn the computer system they have. That might be a little difficult because it was set up by J, my old boss who is Hungarian and it is fraught with misspellings, incorrect addresses, and wrong phone numbers. L and JJ have been working on this and are in the process of making a master book of hard copy, CORRECT information. Other than that little tidbit.... everything should be hunky dory.

So, that's my news. Awesome isn't it? Oh, and the extra$3.50 an hour plus profit sharing is a nice bonus too.

Green is the new black!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

*hugz* I'm SOOO super xcited for u!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Congrats!! That is awesome news !!!

Ms Snarky Nice Bitch said...

Congrats!

Christina LMT said...

Squeeeee! I'm so happy for you! You are gonna kick so much ass at that job, they're gonna wonder how they managed without you.

delmer said...

Yay you! And congratulations.

Finn said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congratulations!

phinz said...

You. Are. Awesome.

And by awesome, I mean totally awesome.

Way to go!!!!