Friday, July 17, 2009

The One Where I Say...

Oh holy Jebus, I survived my first week as office manager.
I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and say that it really means a lot to me that you guys have taken the time to read about my nervousness, anxiety, and worry and tried to assuage my feelings. It has been so long since I have had a job where I was orchestrating things that I was worried I wouldn't remember how to do it. Luckily for me, it has been like riding a bike. You just don't forget it.
I have, unfortunately, forgotten to leave comments on all of the blogs I read and keep up with. It's not like I haven't been there reading them. I have been. I have diligently kept up with my Google Reader, I just haven't had time to sit down and formulate good comments. I'm not one of those commenter's that just blurts out every thought that pops into my head pertaining to someone's blog post. I like to read something, digest the meat of the post, then formulate a well thought out, correctly spelled, grammatically correct comment. The new job has kept me so busy (sometimes working 10 hours), that I have made a promise to myself I wouldn't neglect my family. This means getting my butt home by 5:30 and having dinner with the family, showering w/HHH, and watching TV with the kids. It also means writing my blog posts right away and saving it to self post at 11 or 12. All that doesn't leave much time for commenting. Heck, If I didn't wake up at the ass crack of dawn, I wouldn't get to read very many either, but luckily(??) I have been waking up at 5:30 or 5:45am every morning, so I have been reading them then.
Anyways.... what I am trying to say is, I am still around. I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere. I have just become the "man behind the curtain", so there fore I am spread a little thin.
Oh but it is good to be the boss!

4 comments:

Ms Snarky Nice Bitch said...

i am glad you had a good "first" week and i am so freaking glad fluffy came home

phinz said...

Ditto that! Enjoy your weekend!

cozysoul said...

Big congrats to your success! You so deserve it! Really happy to see the good guys ( or ladies) win! All the best!!!

Bubblewench said...

So glad you had a great first week! Was thinking of you every day. :)