Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Office

No, this isn't the one with Steve Carell, but it can be funny. OMG, now that I have recovered from yesterday's fiasco, let me go into it for you.

Yesterday started out simple enough. I had checked the email account all weekend, made sure to check for voice mails, and looked for any kind of cancellations. Nothing was going on. Fine. I go into work at 7:30. Not 10 minutes after I got there, the phone starts ringing and I have clients canceling due to burst pipes, employee's calling in, and vendors calling about product. I ended up running around all day yesterday from Longboat Key to Golden Gate Point and down to Siesta Key! I had to clean places all by myself. It was tiring. It was draining. After it was over, I had to go back to the office and sort out all the paperwork. That kept me at the office till 6 pm and by the time all was said and done, I had put in 10.5 hours for the day. When I got home, I was tired. Beyond tired. I needed HHH to give me a massage and keep me from falling down in the shower. I slept like a rock. I didn't wake up till the alarm went off at 6am.

The next day was the complete opposite. I got to the office early and there were no calls..... no cancellations.... nothing but sweet silence. I got the invoices emailed, schedules done up, clients moved around to their satisfaction, all kinds of things! I was an office machine! (lol, get it?)

Now, I can only hope that tomorrow will be just as good as today was.

Oh, and the funny part? Well, that was when I was looking at the old client list. That's a list of people we no longer have as clients for one reason or another. The legend at the top of the list has a 1 for dissatisfaction, a 2 for moved, and a 3 for $$ problems. There were lots of 1's unfortunately, a few 2's, and a fair amount of 3's. There were a few entries that weren't numbers. The word was written in small script and I had to look really close to see it, but once I did, I burst out laughing. It said "dead".

Um,... so I guess there's no calling those clients and asking if they'd like to try us again at a discount?

3 comments:

Hoosier Girl said...

I don't think I would try the dead ones. Probably not going to answer their phones.

Sounds like you're doing a great job!!! Congratulations!

J.

Bubblewench said...

Congrats on running the office! Been waiting for this post to see how it was going.

Hmmm.. calling the dead? Why does Monty Python come into my head?

phinz said...

When it rains it pours. Waddaya gonna do?
JUST what you did!!!!
Way to go!!! I see a raise in your near future . . .

You could always send out a biz card to those addresses where the *ahem* former clients lived. Maybe the new owners would give you a shot. Just an idea . . .