Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baaaaaad Ju-Ju.


Ever been in a place, like a house, or a store, or even somewhere outside, and gotten the heebie jeebies? You know, that slightly uneasy, skin crawling feeling? With the amount of houses I go into now, it was bound to happen.


We have a bad ju-ju house.


I first went in the Bad Ju-Ju house back when I first started working for the company. It is a large home that is also used as an office for a mangement company on Siesta Key. It has 3 bedrooms on the two upper levels, 3 bathrooms throughout the house, and large open rooms on the main level. You would think with the open design of the house, it would be all light and airy feeling, but it isn't. It's filled with old antiques from Russia. There is a nesting doll there that has no less than 50 individual pieces. There are old large pieces of wood furniture. Heavy bedroom pieces, large desks, and breakfronts. It all seems oppressive.


Then there are the crystals. There are tons of handmade, hanging crystals all over every single room, from the bathrooms to the offices! All of them hanging where they will catch the light and shine into the rooms. The disco effect gives me the creeps.


I am never comfortable in this house. I have been there multiple times, and every single time it feels like someone is following me around. I don't like it, but it's the job, so what ya gonna do, right? Either or, It is a money making house and we do it every two weeks, so odds are I will be going back there in the future.


I just wish the beads would go away.


And by that I mean, every time I clean that house, the very next day I get a crystal bead dropped down the back of my shirt. It isn't big, just the size of the ones I see in the Bad Ju-Ju house's window. When it first started happening, I thought there was a bug crawling down the back of my shirt, only to find the beads. Just one. I wear no jewelry when I work, so it doesn't fall off of anything I am wearing. The damn things just drop down my shirt and drive me crazy!! I am not insane. I am a rational woman.


Who gets heebie jeebies in a weird house full of old ass Russian antiques & crystals and has crystal beads dropped down her shirt the next day.


Maybe I should invite what ever it is to Adam's Halloween party?

2 comments:

Jasper Mockingbard said...

Sounds like you're visiting Rasputin's Mad House?

Nice story. Really...not!

I've heard it all before... just some lame excuse to get out of work.

Nice try.

Blondefabulous said...

JASPER: Nope, no shirking of duty here! No matter how many beads whatever it is throws at me, I still go and clean up that house. I just think of it as a little "extra" chore.