Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ew. Just Ew.

Tuesday dawned bright and cheerful.... promising a new day filled with surprises, all of the bad, but still..... My day started off with me getting up at about 7:30am, Relaxing in bed till about 8am, then, just as I was going to the kitchen to toast up a gluten free scone..... my cell phone goes off. It's the New Office Manager. She is asking me why I am not at work right now. Ummmm...... because the new partner, L, told me I didn't have to be in until 9am, that's why. Come to find out that L didn't tell NOM she told me to go in at 9 so, oops, I'm late. Not really though, cause it wasn't my fault. So I get ready and hop on the bike to go into work. Turns out I didn't miss much. The first client forgot to leave us a key under the mat and the other team couldn't get in. The next two houses were OK. The first one had the sweetest little Dachshund in it. So cute! The last one though.... sucked major ass. The above photo is of the kitchen in the place. OMG! The photo doesn't show all the food all over the floor, or the coffee grounds and beans all over the counter. The sink was full of food and water and some sort of spoiled milk. It was horrible.
The floor in the dining room was no better. Old food everywhere, dishes left all over, smudgy food hand prints on every surface. Most everything was covered in a thick layer of dust, and there were cobwebs everywhere. The kids room had a layer of toys on it that I had to shovel up into the nearest toy box, under which I found used pull ups moldering underneath. My partner had chosen to do the bathrooms, (poor lady), and all I could hear was Hungarian curse words peppered with the phrase "More money!" It was terrible.

What was supposed to be a job that would only take an hour and a half, took us 2 hours and 5 minutes! I was not amused. You may think it was a party weekend for this family, but no. It's like this every time we go there. I have been there before and it was a shit hole than too. These people only have us come once a month, but really it should be once a week! It is so damn nasty. And the kicker today was the woman came home as we were on the ass end of cleaning for her and said, "Oh I know it was just awful in here. I just don't clean, so lord knows I need the help." She laughed as she said it, but I really hope she considers us coming more often. As it was, we went back to the office after that house and I told NOM she needed to charge those people more for the cleaning we did. There is no way with it being that shitty inside it should only be $80!

After I got home, I instantly got in the shower and proceeded to exfoliate my whole person. I just felt icky. Like that house was still stuck to me.

Ew.

Just ew.

3 comments:

Jasper Mockingbard said...

I can understand the woman of the house not wanting to clean. But what about the rest of the people in the house? Couldn't someone lift just one finger? Pigs!

Blondefabulous said...

JASPER: It's just one family, a Mom, Dad, & two kids. I don't get it. And to look at the place from the outside, you'd never know what a mess was waiting for you! Beautiful house, crappy people!

phinz said...

That slob's kids must have iron clad immune systems. Surely Children's Services would not approve of such filth.