Friday, May 1, 2009

Yowza!


Took the Fam to see X-MEN Origins: Wolverine tonight. In a word....

YOWZA!!!!

The butt nekkid scene of Hugh Jackman was......uh.... (cough, cough).......er...... cinematic brilliance. Oh, and the rest of the movie wasn't too bad either. The effects weren't so over done that they took over the whole film, the dialogue wasn't too corny in places that it might have been, and It wasn't too off the mark for the actual story. Stan did a good job here and left room for other movies to be made in the Origins franchise.

One small thing I had trouble with was the guy playing Sabertooth. Liev Schreiber. I just couldn't get past the fact that her had filled in for a brief time for Grissom on CSI. I kept waiting for something kooky and weird to come out of his mouth about forensics. Plus, I can't see him turning into what Sabertooth looked like in the first movie.

All in all it was a good film. Lots of action, doesn't slow down, and ends with a bang. My kids aged 7, 10, & 12 loved it! Rebecca was especially enthralled with Deadpool/ Ryan Reynolds from the beginning of the film. I think she thinks he's HAWT! Ha ha ha.... she's not too far off the mark.

So that was our evening. Aside from the popcorn making me violently ill tummy wise, it was a fun time. Apparently the butter flavored imitation grease isn't gluten free. I'll remember that for next time!

1 comment:

kvegas911 said...

Admit it....you don't remember the plot due to being hypnotized by Hugh Jackman's er...hindparts!!! LMAO!