Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rich & Poor.

I made a few observations while cleaning. Nothing spectacular like the answers to world hunger or how to make Windows Vista not suck, but still, it sort of struck me as funny.

Rich people buy things they do not use. I have been in houses with HUGE gourmet kitchens that have professional grade appliances. Huge 6 burner gas stoves, walk in coolers, you name it. It N_E_V_E_R gets used. I clean the dust off of them every other week because these people do not cook at home. Why are you going to have that beautiful kitchen and never use it?

Rich people are afraid of getting old. When I clean the bathrooms there are tons of creams, pills, lotions, and serums. The boxes promise youth, no wrinkles, tighter skin, and longevity. From what I can tell, it all is a bunch of hooey! They look just like anyone their age. In fact, the only client we clean for that looks way younger than her age is the Acupuncture Lady. She does facial acupuncture and it works. The woman is 68, but looks like she's 45!

Rich people leave money laying around everywhere. I don't know why, but at several houses I have seen as much as $500 just laying around all over. I am a sincerely honest woman, and it has never entered my head to pick up any of this cash, but damn it! Half of these people leave their doors open on the days we are coming so we can get in. (They don't trust us with a spare key.) If some thief off the street decided to waltz up and try his luck, the clients would be out a crap load of money! They'd probably blame us too!

Rich people like really tall beds. I'm talking REALLY tall,..... like 4 feet tall. They even have little steps on each side of the bed so they can get in it. Why do you need a bed that tall? If you need steps to get in bed at night, the bed is too tall! Or you're too short..... something like that. I couldn't sleep on something that if I fell out of bed I'd need to go to the hospital. Wouldn't make for sweet dreams.

That's a few of the things I have noticed. Pretty weird right?

9 comments:

Mrs. Holly Hall said...

nice post!!

Nicole said...

lol - you know that seems pretty accurate to me. All you'll find in my house is crap laying everywhere, a dirty stove, washer and dryer probably both with unfinished laundry in them, a sink full of dishes and a dishwasher ready to be unloaded. And that's on a day when I've had a chance to pick up - now it's not Clean House dirty, but it can get pretty messy in here

kvegas911 said...

...and I am completely GREEN over the kitchens-my Mom is an interior designer-I know whatcha mean! I LOVE to cook-and these people don't know a SubZero from a Sears brand! *sigh* one day....

CSquaredPlus3 said...

Interesting... Although, I think "poor" people aren't thrilled about getting old -- they just may not have the money to battle the signs of aging like rich people do!

Finn said...

Acupuncture... writing this down...

Christina LMT said...

Very astute observations, Blondie.

I wouldn't want a bed high enough off the ground that someone could hide under it!

Ugh. Monsters under the bed. No, thanks!

phinz said...

I couldn't handle a tall bed because I would fall down those steps getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

Putz said...

you are so funny....beds that are too tall, i worked as a cleaner and i never noticed things like you do...just did my cleaning, but you really think, don't you////////////////????????????

habanerogal said...

I enjoy your observations about the "Riches" you should do more of them for us who never venture into the ritzy places except by seeing Cribs and that is AFTER the place has been cleaned