Thursday, May 7, 2009

Doing The Shuffle.

It was skate night again! We all went out there and had a good time. I was doing the shuffle from the "old" days, while making the rounds checking on all the kids. Of course they were all spread out all over the rink.
I am very proud to say that I DID NOT fall down at all. In fact, I only had 1 close call. To my complete surprise, HHH went and got skates too and came out on the floor with me. He look way to hawt out there skating! Reminded me of Junior High.
Rebecca came with us. This may not have been a good idea though. (She has her ballet recital tomorrow.) She was doing OK when a small kid took a fall right in front of her. She made the effort to miss him and and ended up falling backwards. HARD! Now her wrists are swollen. We left right when that happened. I got her in a hot shower, gave her two Tylenol, and massaged icy/hot into her wrists when she got out. We are hoping that it will be better by tomorrow morning. The recital is 40% of her grade, but I don't think she'll be cut if she's hurt.
Junior was brave and joined the races. He came in 5th, but he was trying really hard! HHH and I joined in the adult races. There were only 5 of us. There weren't many parents skating. I guess we were the cool parents. It's surprising how much I remembered from when I was a kid. I was pretty good back in the day. I could do singles, skate backwards, and spins. The rink had a backwards skate and the floor cleared out enough for me to try a few moves. I did my spins and backwards skating. It was fun. I had fun. The kids had fun. HHH had fun. At least until Rebecca fell.

Oh, and on a school note....

SOME DAMN KID HAD THE FRICKIN' SWINE FLU AT MY KIDS SCHOOL!!!!!

MotherFu#@er! And the Health Department didn't tell the school officials until today. The kid was sick on April 28th!!!! WTF is that all about??? What the hell did the health department think? We didn't need to know?? I have kids who are diabetic! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!! Fuckers. My kids are more susceptible because they have a chronic illness. Lucky for us we ALWAYS get the flu shot at the beginning of the school year. They say it may or may not keep them from getting the H1N1 virus... but school is almost over and the recorded phone message we got said the kid was already over it, and back to school. Oh, and you know when we got this nice recorded call? WHILE AT THE DAMN SKATE NIGHT! Yep, every parent there got the call at the exact same time and we all started getting pissed all at once! I imagine there will be a few people in the office tomorrow wanting to know why we weren't told sooner!

And on that note.... I'm gonna go to bed. Night all, sleep tight, don't let the swine flu bite!

1 comment:

ed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.