Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Concert That Almost Wasn't.

This is Rebecca at her Spring Concert at BMS. We almost didn't get there because in all of the crap that was our Thursday, we totally forgot she had a concert at all. She forgot, I forgot, we all forgot! I drove like a mad woman and got her there before it started. I explained t the teacher tha we were at the ER with her brother(big fat lie), and sorry I had her there late for rehearsal. All better!
I would like to write about how the kids did great. Not only was it a concert for the choirs, but also for the band, wind ensamble, and orchestra as well. All of the kids did very well. There were a few pieces that I had to remind myself that I was watching a MIDDLE school perform because it was so good. Yeah, I'd like to do that, but I can't. The post I have is about respect.

You see..... there was none for these hard working kids. I got to the place early with Rebecca so I got a good seat up front, but it wasn't to be a great seat because some woman brought her rowdy crotch spawn to ruin it. Note: 3 year olds rarely sit still, so bringing them to a music concert that doesn't feature Wiggles or Barney is a stupid idea. I was kicked, poked, pushed, and bumped throughout the entire show! And it wasn't like the woman didn't know that her child was doing this becuase at one point she told her child to sit up and stop it, but 3 year olds have the attention span of a gnat so that lasted all of about 5 seconds!

Oh and the adults!At least the child had an excuse for being annoying..... he was a child after all. The adults were unforgivable! These kids have put in countless hours to perfect their pieces for this show. For the 8th graders, it was their final show at that school before moving on to High School. Did any of the people watching take this into consideration before opening their fat yaps and blabbing all throughout the show? Hell no! They just blabbed and blabbed, making it difficult to hear anything sometimes. I was seriously disappointed. When I was in music at school, the audience was respectful. The were quiet when the musicians were playing. Crying babies were taken out of the hall. proper respect was given to the performers...... it's not rocket science people! Just shut up and watch. Please!!!

So that's all. Oh.... and this.





5 comments:

Mrs. Holly Hall said...

oh my goodness!

wow!!

the song has such a tinder to it. almost haunting and playful at the same time.

but yes, no crotch spawn. they stay home or in the car.

(i kid!)

bueatiful!!

wow!

kvegas911 said...

I've got some questions about celiac for you-hit me up at
kvegas911@aol.com-we're wondering if the hubby might have celiac. What were the things that made you and the doc think Celiac? I mean, I can read on webMD all day but think you would have better info. Thx dahling!

Putz said...

our little rebecca, quite a young lady isn't she...love to heqar about all your kids...love the putz

phinz said...

Awesome song!

Too bad people can't just shut up. I refuse to watch music award shows any more because you can't hear what anyone says because of the a**holes screaming from the balcony.

Christina LMT said...

I've made the same observation numerous times, Blondie! I can't tell you how many times I've sat through Silver's concerts, realizing at some point that my hands were clenched into fists, because I was so pissed off at the horrible behavior of the audience.