Monday, May 4, 2009

Adios, Amigo!

I am not going to beat around the bush. We found Oscar a new home.

I didn't want to find him a new home. I love the little guy. He has the cuteness. The face.....he does the face........ I can't resist the face.

That's why I had to let him go.

See, ever since I got a job, Oscar has been lonely. Oh, he had Fluffy and Toby to play with, but he really loves people. He thinks he is a little people. (with fur and fangs) When I was home during the day, we would go out and walk, play tug toy, fetch, all the fun stuff. Now that I am at work most of the day, he is not getting the attention he needs, wants, and craves.

I was feeling like a bad mommy.

So, with a heavy heart I put an ad on Craigslist looking for a new family. It just wasn't right that Oscar was sad all the time. It would just be a matter of time till he began to act out in bad ways, (he was already chewing). I got several responses and picked a few out of the crowd. After 2 no shows, (I was asking people to drive to our house so we could meet them and evaluate how they interacted with Oscar), we had the cutest family come yesterday. It was a mom and her two little girls. Oscar liked them. The mom stays at home, so Oscar would have human contact more often. The little girls were close in age to Junior....... so he would have playmates. We sat and talked for about 30 minutes while Oscar became acquainted with the people..... I was sad. I loved Oscar, but when you love an animal, you have to do what is truly right for them. As much as I love Oscar, I can't live with him being unhappy here with us.

Finally, Oscar got the OK. They wanted him. HOORAY! I packed up his toys, puppy pads, wardrobe, and leash and helped him to the family's car.

HE JUMPED RIGHT IN!!!

No looks back. No whining. Nothing. I think he knew this was going to be for the best. Funny how animals are like that.

So now I am left with a small hole in my heart. I almost called for him this morning. He usually sleeps at the foot of the bed and I get him up and out in the mornings so he can go pee. I had to catch myself. No puppy underfoot. No one jumping in my lap. No one playing with the cat(although Fluffy didn't think that was a bad thing.).

I LUUUUUUVS YOU OSCAR! VIVA LA RASCA CHIHUAHUA!

7 comments:

Russ said...

That's sad. At least Oscar will be happy.

Trukindog said...

Your a good doggy mommy & I think your awesome for doin what's best for Oscar.

Finn said...

Man, that's tough. This is exactly why I have two. They keep each other company.

I'm glad you found him a good home.

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: I just couldn't justify him being unhappy. We still have Toby and Fluffy though.... so it's good. They don't mind being alone.

TRUKINDOG: It's a little raw now, but I still have Fluff and Toby so I will get by.

FINN: Toby & Fluffy would play w.Oscar, but he really wanted people interaction, and with all of us working now, that was little to none some days depending on schedules. I wanted him to be truly happy!

Kim said...

That's very great of you to do that. He will have a happier life now, and you know he will !! That alone has got to make you feel a bit better!

BTW - I like you new top thingy. I need to figure out how to make one.

Putz said...

maybe you can wake up and look to hhh to pee...well it was just a suggestion

Christina LMT said...

Awwww. You did the right thing, Blondie. I'm proud of you and feeling a little blue, too.