Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

My kids are Freakin’, ..........................wait for it……………………………….........

AWESOME!

Today was awards day at Tuttle Elementary School. Both Morgan and Junior came home on Monday with little sheets that said “Your child has won an award, so come to the school on Tuesday to see what they won!” I sent HHH to go and take photos for me. I would have gone, but I already have to take off Friday and Monday for field trips, so I can’t afford to take off another day too. It’s HHH’s turn! Morgan was first and she got the “Super Speller” award. I was glued to my phone for photos and info. It was a wonder I got anything cleaned! Then it was Junior’s turn. He not only got the “Super Speller” award as well, but he also got the “A-B Honour Roll.” I am so proud!!! HHH got some goo pictures for me so I am glad.

Also in the works is Morgan’s ballet recital. It will be on May 16th. There is also a run through performance on May 9th. I am so excited! I can’t wait to see my baby girl dancing around with all her classmates. There was a costume fitting today and the director told me today that they are still working on a costume that is small enough for her! I don’t call her Tiny Hiney for nothing! The letter also said for me to have Morgan prepared for practice and to have all of her dance apparel with her, etc…. Um, why would I NOT have her there and with all of her stuff? This is a very prestigious program and it is ridiculous that I wouldn’t have her there every day she is supposed be there! This is the real ballet for goodness sakes! I’ll have Morgan there with bells on.

On an unrelated note, I Twittered this earlier and I just have to ask again, is it blasphemous to be in a clients house cleaning and singing “Cheeseburger In Paradise” if the client is Hindu? As I was dusting and vacuuming and right at the “I like mine with lettuce & tomatoes….” part, I suddenly thought, this may not be the best thing to be doing right in front of the big cow shrine! I’m going to hell, aren’t I?

Oh well, down the hatch!

5 comments:

Hoosier Girl said...

Congrats on the awards! It's always good to make the kids feel good about their school experience.

As for going to hell, I'm sure God (who loves both Hindus and cheeseburger-eatin' Christians) understands the spirit in which the song was intended. In fact, I think He has a great sense of humor and probably thought it was funny!

J.

Nicole said...

Nope they don't believe in hell - you're good :)

You may however be reincarnated into a lower caste system and be an "untouchable" which in my opinion is worse than hell :(

I probably wouldn't have even thunk about it so maybe that'll get you extra brownie points for being so contentious of what you were doing??

phinz said...

Yay for the kids! Awesome!

All Parrotheads go to heaven.
PERIOD.

The cow probably loved it and was mentally doing fins to the left . .

delmer said...

I'm not sure you'll go to hell. I'm thinking the punishment for this is a ping-pong match against that six- or eight-armed god they have.

(Congrats to the kids for the awards!)

Christina LMT said...

Congratulations to Morgan and Junior!