Sunday, April 5, 2009

Siesta Key Beach.

We got to the beach today. Even got a great parking space! We had our choice of spots on the beach and set up a little farther back from the shore since the tide was coming in. Then it was sand castle time!!!!














HHH made a sand sculpture turtle. I made some star fish and guppies from the molds we got from Wall to Wall Mart. Oh, and I made a castle wall that said "I Love Will"



























The kids had a good time. It was actually good that we got there early. Once it hit around 11am, the beach started getting really crowded! We packed up and left by 11:30 because we couldn't even see the water any more because so many people had camped out between us and the ocean. It was OK though. We had been watching a few clouds heading towards the beach and if it decided to spring shower on us, we didn't want to be out in the open.

All in all, it was a good time. Now to grill up a few steaks, enjoy a gluten free beer, and watch Wrestlemania on pay per view.

Sigh.............. the perfect Sunday.

5 comments:

phinz said...

What a nice day! I'm glad this happened for you!

What is it about Wrestlemania that attracts you? Seriously. I'm not judging, I'm curious.

Blondefabulous said...

PHINZ: It's kind of like male soap opera. Some of the story lines are ridiculous, some are funny some are serious but the guys are hot..... well some of them are.

Finn said...

I love Gulf beaches. So much nicer than the southern Atlantic ones.

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: The sand was so soft! My kids kept saying that someone put Moon Sand all over the beach!

struckbyserendipity said...

I love the beach! I'm glad you had fun!