Friday, April 10, 2009

P&F


My kids have a new favorite TV show. It's called "Phineas & Ferb". It's about these two step brothers who are figuring out what to do while on their summer vacation. Their older sister is charged with keeping an eye on them, and while she sees all the out of this world stuff they come up with, somehow it all magically disappears right before the mom comes home! The sister looks like a crazy person and the boys are scott free!

Sounds cool, right? Yeah, I guess it is, but I can see a few problems the Disney channel might have given us parents.

#1- My kids could get themselves arrested.

How, you ask? Well, the kids on "P&F" do things like build a time machine, a space port, the flying car of the future, etc...... I have never built anything like those, but I imagine it would require things like plutonium, uranium, or some other radioactive compounds that are pretty hard to get a hold of. If my kids started looking around on the Internet and asking questions about how to get that stuff, it wouldn't be long before the FBI, CIA, and HSA was at my door arresting all of us and giving us an all expenses paid trip to Gitmo. Not exactly my kind of summer vacation.

#2- My kids could get arrested- part 2.

How, you ask again? Well, those boys on "P&F" are constantly driving something. Cars, Monster Trucks, Chariots, etc..... They're maybe 10 at the most? Not legal driving age at all. I don't need my kids trying to imitate souping up the new van we just got and going out to do a demolition derby. There have been too many kids in the news lately for just that reason, just not in a Disney program.

#3- The kids could do something that will hurt them.

How, once again? Well "P&F" build things like roller coasters, giant water slides, over sized mini golf courses, etc.... and when they go through the motions of using these things, it is just mind boggling how they aren't smashed to bits or flattened like a pancake!(Yes I do know it is a CARTOON!) Last thing I need is Junior or Morgan thinking you can really build a water slide with a huge gap in the middle and you will actually fly across to the other side unhurt. Ain't gonna happen. I studied physics in HS & college. I know a splat fest when I see it.

All kidding aside, it isn't a bad show. It has a positive message and encourages imagination and activity. The kids have the theme memorized and can sing it at just hearing a few notes..... um, maybe that isn't a good thing. In fact, it borders on mind control.......

RUN EVERYONE! THE MOUSE IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER OUR YOUTH AGAIN!!!!!!

No comments: