Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Motorin'......

We are back in business when it comes to driving. We had to trade in Bessie the Truck for a little newer vehicle. We ended up getting a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan in the Midnight Pearl Blue color. It's really nice and this is the first time we have had a mode of transportation that was dated in the current decade. I am excited! It has A/C, a radio, a CD player, dual sliding doors, and a rear A/C. We took it out around the town to try it out extensively, and unfortunately, we decided to give I-75 a go. BAD IDEA!!!!!! There was a huge accident that had the freeway backed up for miles. One lane out of three was closed down. When we finally got up to the accident site, it was brutal! The body was still laid out on the side of the road next to the crumpled shell of what used to be a Honda Odyssey. The roof had already been peeled back, but apparently to no avail. We moved along and went to Target. No sense rubber necking.... it does nothing but slow people down. While at target, we got a CD to see how the player worked. It's kind of touchy, but it did OK.

So now we have more reliable transportation. On the down side, we have a car payment again. BLARGH!!!! Well, it's the price you pay for something that has a working power steering pump. Yeah.... Bessies went out about two weeks ago. I was OK up until I tore something in my left elbow last Wednesday. Yep. Pain in the old elbow. It isn't as bad now, but I can definitely feel it when I am working. Hopefully I'll be getting better as we go along.

Speaking of work, it went better today. I worked with two other girls I have worked with before. They like me and think I do a good job. We were ahead of schedule all day and finished an hour early! HA! Take that mean speedy woman.

So that's all for now. More later.

5 comments:

Hoosier Girl said...

Yay for a pretty new van! And yay! for working with nice people who appreciate you.

J.

phinz said...

Congrats on the new ride! What cd did you buy? (I'm just nosy)

Blondefabulous said...

HOOSIER GIRL: Not so much yay because one of the girls sold me out to the boss that I was complaining and Boss Lady had a "chat" with me. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. he van is nice though!

PHINZ: We go a compliation of 70's roller disco songs! It has two Earth Wind & Fire songs that I just adore!!

phinz said...

Groovy!

kvegas911 said...

YAY new car! You deserve it! Hope your elbow feels better!