Friday, March 27, 2009

Swimmin' Pools, Movie Stars.

Today was full of suck. I was full of suck. It wasn't that I really sucked, but that I was paired with someone who was really good at the job.

Oh, and we had to clean a 3 story mansion.

That REALLY sucked!

I started the day like any other. Got to work, started making preparations like always, and when I looked at the job book, I saw I was paired with someone I had never worked with before. This girl was Fast, or actually I should say Muy Rapido because she didn't speak English. Good thing I understand Spanish. We only had 3 houses today, but that first one was massive! It had 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a huge open air living room, large kitchen, breakfast nook, formal dining room, bar, master suite, 5 walk in closets, movie theater, wine cellar, lanai, office, pool, patio, and 3 garages. The art work was massive and beautiful. There were 10 flat screens that were 32" or larger. Oh.... and did I mention it sat right on the inter coastal with views of the Ringling Bridge and Causeway? I didn't? How silly of me. I took pictures.... but they're stuck in my phone for right now. The girl I was working with had cleaned this house before so she knew all the in's and out's. I, however, was completely clueless. I felt like a stone around her neck, dragging her slowly as she had to explain every little thing and nuance to me. This home was a very important client. I think we charge $300 for it. I wanted to get everything right. I sucked. I was also dehydrated after we finally did finish. Sheesh! What is with everyone leaving the A/C off?? Um... I need to add that to yesterday's list. If you want your cleaning people to work well, leave on the A/C so we are comfortable and can work with out sweating to death!

So, the rest of the day went on like that. We went to the other houses and the girl literally ran circles around me, and I am no slouch. The second house was so damn filthy, I didn't know what to think. Hair, dust, and trash were everywhere. The had a sink piled high with dirty dishes, and a dishwasher that was already full of clean ones. The bathrooms were atrocious, the bedrooms were too. It wasn't a big house, it was just trashed beyond all recognition. The last home was clean. It just needed maintaining. Still, it was large and took a while. By the end of the day, I was all sweaty, tired, and still dehydrated! Luckily, I have the weekend to recover.

Oh, and did I mention some idiot was beating on the door at 5:30am this morning? Yeah. Idiot was looking for the dealer who used to live here. HHH made short work of that. He can be very intimidating when woken up out of a comfy bed 30 minutes before he should be. So I was already dragging ass from losing the sleep from that. It made my day so much more enjoyable.

I am sleeping in tomorrow.

6 comments:

Hoosier Girl said...

I don't understand people who have huge houses. Nor do I understand people who can afford to have cleaning services.

Sorry they made ya sweat!

J.

phinz said...

My hat is off to you--I just vacuumed, mopped and dusted my own house and I'm exhausted.

Thank God THAT'S done til next year. ;0)

Blondefabulous said...

HOOSIER GIRL: Well, these people are all either retired, or really big in the philanthropic charities around here. They give lavish parties and live in the lap of luxury. Either or... they still have too much room to roam!

PHINZ: Yeah, I hear ya! LOL!

phinz said...

Hey, spread the word to your filthy rich clients (no pun intended, hee hee hee) that the Aaron Spelling mansion is for sale over here! (Apparently Candy Spelling is "down-sizing.") For the bargain price of just $150 million, they TOO can walk floors tread upon by Hollywood royalty.

GAG ME!!!!!!

Blondefabulous said...

PHINZ: They would have to pay me a weeks pay to clean that sucker.

Christina LMT said...

Damn. Just...damn.

Sorry about the no a/c thing. I KNOW how horrible it is to try to do any kind of physical work when you're dying from the heat. Ugh!