Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sun-Diddely-Unday.

The day dawned bright and sunny. The breezes were light, and the air was pollinated. HHH, however, woke up and barfed. Yummy. The beach was once again, out of the question. We had planned on getting up early to go out there and stake out a spot, but alas, it was not to be.
Rather than go to the beach, after HHH was feeling better for his episode of vomiting, (Lucky bastard threw up ONCE and felt great.... jerk!) we went to Lowe's and Sam's Club. We were looking for something to cover the kitchen floor with. Right now, the floor is covered in old linoleum and it gets dirty FAST. I mean really fast. I scrubbed and washed it this morning, and I bet that the darn thing will be nasty again by Tuesday. We were looking for peel and stick kind of tiles. I've seen them..... they work well if you don't want to invest a whole lot of work and $$$. I don't know what it is, but where ever we live, I always want it to be a little better. We saw lots of stuff like picket fencing, planters, and gazebos. Once I start rolling in the paychecks, it'll be spring improvement time. I love to do the spring fling improvement thing.... ha ha, that rhymed! That begs the question.......

What projects do you have planned for spring??

3 comments:

HoosierGirl5 said...

Well, in order to get my new washer and dryer, I'm going to have to significantly clean out my basement. (sigh) But what I really want to do is re-do my bathroom.

J.

phinz said...

Since our business is way down and we have all this free time, hubs is 1. painting the exterior of the house 2. reshingling the roof 3. making an unusable atrium into an added-on space for our bedroom 4. refinishing the wooden decks and repainting the wrought iron railings and 5. planting more red geraniums on the hill.

My job is to stay out of the way.

kvegas911 said...

Have you seen the peel and stick laminate hardwood? Lowe's has it-I'm going to put it in my kitchen. It looks real. I mean REALLY real. It's wide plank and comes in a couple of different colors and is .98 a square foot. It's made by Novalis, I think? I need to replace the mailbox post, replace my little solar lights, replace the grill *sigh* strip the wallpaper out of both bathrooms....then paint them....gonna be a looooong summer! But it's gonna look great when I'm done!