Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Pestilence Had Gotten Me!!

Oh my goodness! I was not a well woman the other day. I had caught my bosses stomach flu and it was not pretty. I never threw up, but I had awful dry heaves that made me wish for death. (Not really, but close.) Between that and the trots to the restroom, I wasn't feeling very work worthy, I'll tell you what. Lucky for me HHH took good care of me..... making me soup, fluffing my pillows, writing my blog.

As for work, I went back this morning, but I only did 2 houses. I guess my boss thought I still looked like death warmed over. My boss is a strange woman. She is Hungarian, like two of the other girls. She eats organic, she is detail oriented, and I keep getting confusing signals. One day last week, I was driving in the car with her and she said quite plainly, "No personal phone call on company time unless it is a strict emergency." OK. I got the point. Then she proceeded to ask me if the women I had worked with the other day had been on their phones while in the car and homes. I felt very uncomfortable being asked to tattle on my coworkers on what was the second day on the job. I felt bad, but I didn't want to lie to my boss. I said I saw them chatting in the car, but I was busy in the houses so I was unsure if that had occurred. This got my boss all riled up! She immediately calls her husband,( who is part owner of the company with her.), and says she is going to fire the main offender and hire other people to work. Alrighty then. So that was on Friday. On Monday the phone offender is still working. Um... did I miss something? I thought Boss Lady was going to fire her? Then today, as I am riding with Boss Lady, she asks me again if I saw the offender using her phone on the job. I had to again answer yes, but that it was only in passing I saw that happening. Then she goes on to say that phone calls in the car is OK now, just so long as we're not lost. That is a total 180 from what she had adamantly told me on Friday. After that it was more interrogating about my co workers calling habits. It is starting to make me uncomfortable. I feel like I am ratting out the girls who have been with the company longer. I also do not want to make my new boss think I am going to side with the employees against her. I'm just a little unsure as to how to proceed here.

What do you think? Informal poll here please......

8 comments:

HoosierGirl5 said...

I wouldn't tell her any more. Just say you're busy working and you don't have time to be watching the other women.

Glad you're feeling better.

J.

kvegas911 said...

I'm with Hoosier. That's an unfair position to be put in! Just say you're busy checking your work, etc and you have been concentrating on that. Hope you get better soon! Hugs!

Blondefabulous said...

HOOSIERGIRL: She usually asks me while we're riding in the car to the next job so I'm kind of cornered, but I don't want to lie to the person who gave me a job. *SIGH* I hope she hires someone new soon... she personally supervises people who are new and right now I'm the new kid.

KVEGAS911: Thanks for the well wishes. I may just concentrate on my crap and ignore the other women anyway so I'm not really lying when I say I don't know.

Trukindog said...

Any advice I'd to give on this matter would probably cost you your job so all I will say is good luck darlin.

metalmom said...

HoosierGirl is right on this one. And if you carry a tiny book you can always say that even in the car you were too busy reading to notice. I wouldn't give one bit of info on the culprit. Steer clear of that!!

Finn said...

"I really don't pay that much attention when we're in the car, and I'm too busy working when we're not."

Leave it at that.

Putz said...

you are so honest, so wanting to do right...that is so refreshing. but i still cannot give you any advice...in this world you never know what is going to happen...my niece a reistered nurse was going along with the crownd teasing about some fun empleyess were having kidding about a girl's date the night before...nan was fired and all she was doing was teasin...and now blackbalded all over the salt lake city area

phinz said...

I'm with Hoosiergirl.

Makes you wonder what she's asking THEM about YOU, doesn't it?!