Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Not Easy, Being Green....


I say that because I spent the entire day being green. I am now gainfully employed, and by a green cleaning company no less! If you were reading my tweets yesterday, you know that I got a job, kinda on the fly. I started today at 8am and didn't really stop. I was paired up with two of the regular ladies and as I got into the car I found out just how crazy the day was going to be. One of the ladies was Hungarian. The other lady was Spanish. Neither one of them spoke English with any real grasp of the language. The part of that situation that became so frickin' hilarious was.... the Hungarian woman who spoke little English and couldn't read it well either.....WAS DRIVING THE COMPANY CAR WITH US IN IT!!!!!!!! OMG I was wondering if we were ever going to get to any of the houses that were scheduled to be cleaned. First though, we had to go and gas up. Hungarian Hannah didn't know how to do that either. I had to show her how to use the fast pay thingy on the key ring. Once that was finally done, we were on our way.

We cleaned fancy houses. We cleaned Million dollar houses. We cleaned beach houses. Then we got here.....
(see photo)

The view from this condo was amazing. It made me want to buy lotto tickets just for the possibility of winning and being able to live in a place like that!

So after we were all said and done.... we had cleaned 5 places with a stop at a house from another day that the owner needed re cleaned because they didn't like the job the first time(I had nothing to do with that one.) In between jobs, I was treated to the Hungarian Hurricane, mostly getting lost, driving like a bat out of hell. She and the Spanish woman had maps to each house.... they just couldn't read them! At one point in time they asked me for advice, and I read the map correctly, AND gave them proper directions, but they didn't listen. The last time we got lost it took a good 20 minutes for them to find where we needed to be. I just gave up and Twittered from the back seat.(Ooooo, that sounded dirty!)

All in all, it was a good day. Hard work makes for a happy Blonde. I must have been doing an OK job because I was asked to come back tomorrow at 8am sharp! Perhaps tomorrow I'll get to do something besides bathrooms and floors!

It's definitely NOT easy being green..... but I'll give it a shot!










6 comments:

Avitable said...

Congratulations on the job! My housecleaner insists on using green products, even though I try to tell her I'd prefer the most caustic chemicals you can use.

Russ said...

Congrats on the job! Does that mean the HHH will be a SAHD now? If he is, welcome brother!

btw, that sandwich yesterday looked wicked good!

metalmom said...

congratulations on the job.I know how hard it is out there.

Christina LMT said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, even though your colleagues didn't listen to you (frustrating...)

phinz said...

Congrats on the job! And what a nice perk, getting to see the nice homes and views.
Suckage about the language barrier, tho. HOw did The Hungarian Hurricane get a drivers' license when she can't understand English?
Oops, my nationalism is showing again!

Blondefabulous said...

AVITABLE: Caustic huh? Well, I usually like those too, but I do have to say I like still having the skin on my hands!

RUSS: Well he is a SAHD for right now. Glad you liked the sandwich. It is one of my favorites. The smell of the roasting tomatoes and mushrooms is just to DIE for.

METALMOM: Thanks! It took a whole to find this job. The girl who interviewed the same afternoon as me already quit, so I guess I have staying potential.

CHRISTINA LMT: That was frustrating. Why are you going to ask the only person who can READ the map what to do and then ignore it??? I do know how to say son of a bitch in Hungarian now.

PHINZ: As I was clutching the seatbelt in preparation of dying in a horrific automobile crash, I was wondering the exact same thing.