Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Inescapable Fact.


I can no longer deny the inescapable truth. I am getting old. By old I mean after 4 days of working for the green cleaning company, I have found aches and pains in places I didn't even know I had! I blame the 10 foot mirrors in some of these fancy schmancy places I've been cleaning. Like I said yesterday, who REALLY needs a bathroom that is walled entirely in mirrors? I don't ever want to see that many angles of my big ol' butt!

Back to the being old, Yeah, I feel about 60. Maybe 70. I know that after a while I'll get used to it, but damn it man! This is starting to wear thin. Today I worked with one of the girls I worked with my first day, and a new person who had apparently been on medical leave. We whipped out 4 houses in 7 hours. Not bad, but you gotta understand, one of those houses was my boss's house! Yep. The ultimate in tests for a new employee. I hope I did good. She didn't call us on the company phone and complain, but we'll see tomorrow when I go in and talk to her. As it is, I'm not feeling really well. I had gluten free lasagna, courtesy of HHH, but I am all bloaty and I feel sick to my stomach. I hope I haven't caught my bosses stomach flu. She had it the first day I went to work, and then I heard her whole family caught it from her. Since we cleaned her house today, I am hoping no errant germs have infected me.(I purelled extensively after we were done.)

I am now going to set up in my big comfy bed, surf the web and wait for "Reaper" to come on. Then I am going to bed.

Oh, and I am going to have a bowl of banana pudding that HHH made, Yum.

7 comments:

Christina LMT said...

Yeah, my first few days working as a therapist really kicked my butt (not that it's as hard as house cleaning, but it all depends on what you're used to...;))
I feel for you, m'dear. I really, really hope you didn't catch the bug from your boss, ugh.

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Just think... they're paying you to workout all day! Lucky you!

Okay, maybe that doesn't work.

I'm sure your boss has great things to say about your work today! :)

Blondefabulous said...

CHRISTINA LMT: Well, I figure I'll get the swing of it soon. It also could be that I was coming down with this stomach flu. My joints being achy is usually the first sign that I'm getting sick. BLARGH!

MS> FLORIDA TRANSPLANT: I do get quite a work out. All that cleaning works up a sweat, and I eat fruit and drink water in between the job sites, so I'm not eating anything crappy. I think I am just feeling sick because of the stomach flu.

Karl said...

Are there gonna be pay-per-view videos of you cleaning the mirrors?

Blondefabulous said...

KARL: It would be funny viewing! Imagine, if you will, a petite 5'4" woman trying to reach the top of a 10 foot mirrored wall. None of the step ladders they have are tall enough, so I end up taking off my shoes and balancing on my tip toes on the vanity. I should try out for Ringling when they get back to town!

HoosierGirl5 said...

At least HHH is taking good care of you!

By the way, I want to totally thank you for the earlier post on Freecycle. I am looking closely for a (possible) free dryer. Thanks!

J.

Blondefabulous said...

Yep! And here's hoping you get a dryer. Freecycle is awesome so long as the resalers stay out!