Saturday, February 7, 2009

The "I'm Sorry" Trip

So we took the kids to Universal as sort of an apology for the fucked upidness. Our passes are good until Feb. 23rd so all it cost us was gas and food. It was also the first night of Mardi Gras as well. There was a thing online that said there were some new floats in the parade.

We started the day at IOA. Junior and Morgan wanted to climb the wall at Jurassic Park. I apparently gave birth to two monkey children because they were shinnying up that expert wall faster than the adults climbing on the easy side!!
Then, they rappelled down.
HHH got his photo taken with Marylin when we went back over to Universal.
Then it was time for the parade!
This was one of the new floats. It was themed "Wild West". It was pretty cool.
Here was the "Fantasy" float.
This shot is crappy.... but that was because the "Horror" float was shooting out fake smoke in an effort to look spooky. All it did was make it hard to actually see the float.
This was the "literature" float.
And the one I likes the best was the "Pirate" float.... but that's only because HHH and I got married at TI in Vegas!!!

The band for the night was KC & the Sunshine Band. They were awesome! "Do a little dance, Make a little love.... Get down tonight!" Oh and we can't forget, "Play that funky music". Finally, we went back to the motel and relaxed for the evening. The kids were out like a light and I needed pain meds because, like a dumbass, I played DDR with Rebecca again today. DUMB IDEA!! (I still won though.) So hopefully the kids forgive us for the homeless nonsense and such from last week.

4 comments:

phinz said...

I am so glad you were able to do this for the kids and yourselves! You totally deserved it!

Putz said...

blonefab , you wear your heart on your sleeve..do you know what i mean when i say that????????no, well you are so unasuuming that you must tell everything in your life so your life becomes my life....i went to universal with you...i lost hhh job with him and ruined a $1000 pART....I FOGO TO THE DIABETIC DOCTORS WITH YOU, NO I REALLY DO GO TO THE DQABETIC DOCTORS AND WHEN I GO I THINK OF your kids, i was in bowling green with you and those sexy workmen, and with you with your out-in -laws, i think i love you and your whole family, and thanks for wearing your heart on your sleeve because i benefit from it wholley

HoosierGirl5 said...

Ooooh. That looks like fun! I've never been to Universal. Where is the picture of YOU? (grin)

J.

PS. You've been tagged over at my place.

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I'm so glad you were able to do something fun to get your mind off of everything. I've been praying for you and your family.