Thursday, February 5, 2009

Holy Shit!!!!!

Excuse the language everyone! We are saved!! We received the tax money late today!!!! I am so happy. I did a small dance of joy when HHH said the text came through about the direct deposit! We also have a deposit on a house! It's a small fixer upper, but it is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and has a yard AND it's in the same neighborhood we lived in at the apartment complex. We can't move in until Monday, so we took the money you all generously donated and applied that to a nicer hotel room than the sleep cheap we were in last night. We also put down the water deposit and switched off the electric at the apartment in preparation to turn it on at the new house.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes..... because only a zillion voices raised in hope could make the IRS work at getting us our money 5 days earlier than than they said it would! Now we don't have to pay for a whole month on the storage. Now we don't have to spend ignorant amounts of money on weekly motel rooms while we wait. Now we can get a start on job hunting for real, not just seat of your pants filling out of applications. Employers like it when you have an address to put down on the applications. Now we have that taken care of courtesy of Uncle Sam and Mr. Obama. (He did say he wanted to streamline the IRS and all.)

Now that we are OK, if you still feel the need to donate, I will be passing it along to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. With two kids under 10 with type one diabetes, it is our charity of choice and a good one to boot! I will pass along our good fortune. Heck, when we went and got dinner tonight, our waitress told us she and her husband are home improvement business owners who just had to let 2 crews of workers go because they didn't have enough work for them. Now she is waiting tables at a Denny's just to pay the bills. We left about a 25% tip. I thought she was going to cry. Pass it along, I say!

Pass it along........

10 comments:

Nicole said...

sweet!1 Es muy fantastico!! So whatcha makin for dinner on Monday?

Mary said...

I am a quiet lurker who just wants you to know I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Christina LMT said...

Yay!!! I'm glad things are looking up. See, you never can tell how stuff will work out...:)

HoosierGirl5 said...

That is awesome!! I am so happy for you. I wish I could have done more for you. Once you're settled, get with me on working on accompdations for your kids at school.

Congratulation!

J.

bellaventa said...

Holy Shit - the universe works in mysterious ways...

I am so happy for you. Seriously. I know this sounds hokey, but you guys give me hope.

Russ said...

Good for you! Just keep the positive thought going.

phinz said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!! God rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicki said...

I'm so happy for you! I knew something good would happen! ;D

Hilly said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

Karl said...

Great news!