Sunday, January 4, 2009

Now It's My Vacation!!


Oh thank the Lord, the kids are back in school!!! I am sending mine to the showers to scrub off 2 weeks of winter break, (Oh they showered during, but just not as good as I would have liked.), and get ready for bed. Tomorrow the schedule begins again. 6am to 3:15pm, Monday through Friday. I can deal with that. Ms. M and I are going to go walk the bridge here in Sarasota after we get the kids into their respective educational institutions. I'm up for it. It's all part of the "do little things" speech I gave in yesterday's blog. If I change a few things here and there, I will quite possibly lose weight! I already get miles a day by walking to and from the school twice a day. It is a half mile there and another half mile back. That will be a great warm up for the actual walk. I know one thing I am going to like about school being in most of all. No more Manhunt! At least, I hope no more Manhunt.That's the game the little bastards have been playing that ends up with kids peeping in our windows and basically causing ruckus up here! Maybe I'm just old....

Another development is Morgan is going to start taking insulin at school. The prescription that Wall to Wall Mart, (Who hasn't answered my email yet, fuckers!) was for an insulin "pen" and the needle caps that go with it. Apparently, this kind of insulin delivery system is the only one allowed by Sarasota Schools. Why my daughter can't do her own shots at school with her regular stuff is beyond me. She knows how to draw up her own shots, she just needs adult supervision to watch. But nooooooooo. We have to do it their way. Desiree, the school nurse, is very good with both Morgan and Junior.... so I am sure we won't have any problems.

So tomorrow, I may have to get up early, but I will be humming "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" under my breath....... and maybe doing a little dance too!

4 comments:

Ella said...

my son (kindergartner) was STUNNED when i told him that school starts back tomorrow. wish i could bottle that look - priceless!

Blondefabulous said...

ELLA: When I woke my 12 year old up at 6 am, all I got in return to my cheery "Good Morning" was "Uuunnnggghhhhh."

phinz said...

While we don't have kids here at the house, I must say that it IS quite nice to hit 'Buck's around 8:30 or 9 am, and all the mommies are there having coffee with their mommy friends, whom they haven't had time to hang out with because their kids were all at home for 2 weeks.
They're practically giddy with freedom!

Blondefabulous said...

Ms. M and I hit the bridge for a brisk walk and then hit Bux for one of their new Tazo Teas. The London Fog is excellent and only 150 calories in a Tall w/2% milk!