Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just Leave Already!!!!!


I know you've all heard the comedy routine by one Jeff Foxworthy, the one about... "It's the President! He's on EVERY channel!!" Yeah, that one. Of course, Mr. Foxworthy was referring to a time when there was basically 10 to 12 channels and if there happened to be a news conference, or a State of the Union address, we were all screwed. Well, some things never change, like tonight. (It's good to note here that I like the programing on the regular networks. Like ABC, NBC, FOX, & CBS.)

Tonight I was ready to watch the new episodes of "Bones", "My Name Is Earl", and catch up on "CSI" since Grissom is leaving the show this episode, but NOOOOOOOOOO! Mr. Run The Country Into The Ground had to have his last hurrah. He had to have a last word. Never mind he has been doing interview after interview, photo op after photo op...... he has to torture us one more time with his, "I think I did good." spiel. Hell, in one interview, Bush even admitted that when he gets out of office, his finances will be "great"! Oh goody! Lets piss off everyone else who doesn't have a job or steady financial income by screwing us over, then taunting and bragging about it. I am beyond glad that dumb ass is exiting the Oval Office. Say what you want about who is going to be president, but GWB sucked ass and embarrassed the country many times over. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

So, back to the TV thing. The shows were all fucked up. Earl was old then instead of "Kath & Kim" they had the new Earl. Fox didn't even try to put Bones on. Instead, they put on an episode of "Kitchen Nightmares". CBS shortened the first half episode of CSI so they could start the second half on time at 9pm. So basically, the whole night was shot except for CSI. It is excellent. It is scary. I'm going to miss the Grissom character but Petersen is doing the right thing. Leave at the top of his game before he becomes a William Shatner, doing trade shows, lousy recording albums, and autograph signings at $50 a pop. I guess if I had to choose, the CSI episode is the one I really wanted to see tonight. GW is lucky he didn't f*ck that up.

So come on January 20th!


5 comments:

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I can hardly wait for January 20!

Russ said...

Damn, I forgot Bones was supposed to be new. Glad they didn't even show it. CSI was pretty good. I'm not sold on Fishbourne (his character, he is a fine actor).l

As for Tuesday, not so much. Mr. Hope-n-change ain't for me. I'm no fan of Pres. Bush's policies, he's just a RINO (Republican In Name Only). Hell, he spends like a drunk liberal (Teddy Kennedy comes to mind).

Blondefabulous said...

GEEKY TAI TAI: I just wanted the dumbass gone. I didn't care one way or the other... now he looks like he's trying to draaaaaag it out as much as possible before January 20th. Like I said... Just leave already!

RUSS: Yeah, there was SUPPOSED to be a new "Bones", but Dubya screwed that up. Guess we'll have to wait another week for it. As for Grissom's replacement, I am hoping they will develop the character over time and not try to force him into an impossible mold.

Finn said...

Amen.

I must confess that I had no idea he was doing an address last night. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: I am a CNN watcher, so I saw he was going to be on. It all seemed so last minute and stupid. He didn't own any of his short comings and I lost any respect I had left for him. Adios mutha f*cka!