Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Hadz A Sleep.


Oh my goodness. I fell asleep after dinner while watching the Simpson's. That was at 7pm. I got up with the alarm this morning at 6am. I have now slept for 11 hours and I feel completely refreshed. I am still yawning a bit, but I think that is because of the amount of sleep I got. Now I am sitting here wondering if it has anything to do with what I did yesterday. I'll explain...

Yesterday, Ms. M and I went out and walked the bridge. Don't ask be the name of the thing... I don't remember. What I do remember is it is 1.3 miles in length and has a 15 to 20% uphill grade. Ouch. We drove to the park on the other side of it, and parked the van. From there it was a short walk to the large side walk ran alongside the span. I was almost out of breath going up the darn thing! Me! The woman who does a mile in the morning to and from the school, then another mile in the afternoon to and from the school again. I almost couldn't keep up with the conversation I was having. We did make it to the top and then back down. That was all well and good, but we had to turn around at the bottom and go right back up it again! We made it back up it too, and for a treat.... we went to Starbucks as a reward.

I. Am. In. Love.
I am in love with the new tea lattes they are doing now! Ms. M and I got the "London Fog". It was totally awesome. It was a blend of teas with Earl Grey being the top note in the flavors, steamed milk, and then I added some Splenda to it. It was creamy and yummy and I am in heaven! The best part about it was if we picked 2% milk for the latte, it only comes to 150 calories for a tall. Awesome again! I can't ever drink anything bigger than a tall anyway. So, we got our Bux and made our way back to the complex. Ms. M dropped me off at my place and we made plans to meet up and walk to the school later with Mrs. J.

On the Oscar front, yesterday was our first school walk with him. He did FABULOUS! I was very proud of him. He even pooped outside. Granted it was on the sidewalk, but I had a baggie and I picked it up! No nasty sidewalk for us. All the kids loved him, and when we got back from the school Oscar passed out for about an hour. That made dinner easier since he wasn't under foot constantly while I made it. I had a HUGE sinus headache and I took some medicine for that, but after I ate... I passed out myself! I was asleep and I woke up after what I thought was a couple minutes, but it had actually been a few hours. I changed into jammies and went back to sleep and here we are now..... with me writing my post right now, at 6:45 am instead of having it already done last night. They say exercise makes you sleep better. I guess they were right!

9 comments:

Finn said...

Your body must have gone into shock; that's some sleep!

Ella said...

ugh... i need to get out and get walking something fierce. the kids would be totally geeked up about it, they'd follow me (or make laps around me) on their scooters/skateboards.

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: I hadn't slept well the night before, so that was a huge contributing factor.

ELLA: The kids actually slow us down most of the time. Ms. M and I go when they are in school so as to be able to concentrate and all. LOL!

Julie Morrison said...

Wow! I'm envious 11 hours of sleep. We crash at 10 and get up at 445 am.(who ever thought up the am part of that equation needs to be shot. I think I'll go take a nap...

bernthis said...

I live in L.A. (yes, you should feel sorry for me) and we have a hike up a hill around hear that I call "the stroke" b/c when you climb you swear you're about to have one. I workout a lot and I'm still not used to it.

phinz said...

Yay you for walking the bridge! It'll be easier next time so keep at it.
The sinus meds helped you sleep too--benadryl is wondrous stuff!
Julie--445--AM???! Get the gun, there's just no excuse for that.
;0)

Putz said...

got a very serious question blonde and be sure to answer me cause i am dead serious...here goes... have you ever tried on of those hot choclates that are new at starbuckes????????????my boys pends 3 or four dollars on them and i am wondering if he would be better with coffee, and not get so ripped off??????

Christina LMT said...

Yay, good job! And you're so lucky to get that much sleep. I've been deprived the last three nights, and I think I'll hit the hay HARD very, very soon.

W/V "fectasy"...um, I don't even want to hazard a guess...;)!

delmer said...

Congrats on the big sleep; we all need one once in a while.

In early December I came home one night, sat in my recliner, and drifted off around 7:30. I woke up at 11 and went to bed ... and slept until something around 9 a.m. It was sweet.