Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Youth Of America Are Going Down The Crapper!

WTF??

What in the world makes a parent think it is perfectly OK to dump their kids outside in this day and age? At night? Till 11 PM or later??

Look, I know that it's still Winter Break, I know the natives are restless, and I know kids will be kids, but damn it! What passes for parenting around here is just not up to par! My kids are inside at 5pm for dinner. My kids are not allowed outside when it is dark. My kids have been taught to speak to adults in a courteous, polite manner or face the possibility of not sitting down for a day or two. The children who live here in this complex and the friends they have visit them are nothing of the sort. You all remember what happened a few weeks ago with the Tree Peepers right?
http://tinyurl.com/6l64d9 There was more mischief tonight.

I was watching Ms. M's two older boys tonight because she had to go somewhere VERY important and couldn't take them. I had the boys over at 1:30pm and they stayed for dinner. While we were eating dinner, there was a knock at the door. It was one of the bothersome little brats from the tree peeping incident. Peeper wanted to know if Ms M's eldest, Older J, could come outside and play. Mind you, it was dark and getting darker. HHH, who had answered the door, said "No." and shut the door. HHH goes to sit down to his meal again when there is another knock at the door. Peeper wants to know WHY Older J can't come outside. HHH says "Because I am an adult, and I make the rules!", and again shuts the door.... a little more forcefully. HHH again tries to sit down to his meal when there is ANOTHER knock at the door. Peeper is being an asshole now and asks "Can he come out NOW?" a la SpongeBob Squarepants. HHH tells Peeper that if he comes to the door again, he'll make sure Peeper regrets it, courtesy of the cops being called.

Then begins the hail of stones.

Every 15 minutes a rock or other small pebble shaped object was hurled at our door. At one point, my wreath was knocked off the door number I had it hooked over. We let it go for a while... HHH was really pissed that a little kid, no more older than Morgan, would be a complete ass to an adult! Finally, after an hour or two, HHH got tired of it and called the cops. I went out and collected the rocks and other materials and we waited. I went out on the porch and looked around, then I went out front and stood on the landing of the stairs, waiting for one of the little bastards to show up. While I was out there, another kid, (who is slightly retarded, mentally) walked over and was kind enough to tell me the name of the rock thrower. Joy! Now we had a name to give to the cops when they got there!! I went back inside and we waited.

When the officer finally showed up, we went down stairs and began to tell him what had been happening. While we were doing this, Peeper walks up and begins to try and assert himself into the conversation! Little brat was a complete rude ass and went so far as to tell me, "The officer is talking to me not you so be quiet." Little fucker! It was all I could do not to reach out and smack him! The officer asked us to go upstairs to wait till he got done talking to the kids, so we did. About 5 minutes later a knock sounds at the door and it is the Officer. He has the two youths he believes are responsible for all the mischief. The Officer makes them apologize, (They didn't sound apologetic.), and says if there is any more trouble tonight, to call and he'll come back and take the offenders down town. What made me the most pissed off, was Peeper told the Officer that Older J called him on his cell phone and asked Peeper to come to the house and ask for him. We know that is a lie because Rebecca and Older J were together playing with Older J's new puppy and then eating dinner. There was NO call ever. Lying sack of crap kid. I just can't believe we had to go through that again.

So for now, it has been quiet. There have been no more rocks and the kids playing their little "man hunt" game have gone home for the night. We are trying to relax, but HHH is worked up and no longer "in the mood". Bah! Damn kids! What I want to know is, in this day and age, how can any parent just let their kids out in the dark all willy nilly? Don't they read the papers? Watch TV? Surf the internet? I am constantly seeing stories about children being snatched, raped, mutilated, and killed! Kids that have no discipline are more likely to get into the kinds of trouble that will follow them for the rest of their lives. I'm not saying you have to beat your kids every day, but give them some bounderies and some real consequences if those bounderies are broken!

I am waiting for the next shoe to drop.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

well, I guess if my kids acted like that - i'd leave em outside in hopes they'd disappear too ;)

Blondefabulous said...

I found out the little bastard causing all the trouble is already on pre trial juvinile intervention, is bi-polar, and already has a slew of charges against him for other crap! And his parents just let him out to do shit like this? Stupid people!

Ella said...

what's worse is is parent's would probably be more irritated that he got caught doing this than they ever would be at the actual act. we've got a few kids like that in our neighborhood too - even caught one (at the most 7 or 8 yrs old) red handed trying to steal my daughter's skateboard from our garage!

Blondefabulous said...

Yeah... he was visiting a cousin over here. The little brat didn't even live at our complex! I found out the aunt and uncle are make up girls parents, so yeah,..... they were irritated that he got caught and they had to talk to the cops. Go figure......

Christina LMT said...

Wow. What a crappy event! And what a bratty kid! Honestly, though, those parents, be they ever so horrible, have my sympathy for having such a difficult child. I can see how someone's patience and energy could run out, resulting in apathy in a situation like this.