Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Tired.... And Then Some!

I don't know what happened. I was up and cleaning. I steam cleaned the carpets, I vacuumed, I was doing laundry, I ran all sorts of errands with Ms. M today. Suddenly I am so tired I do not want to get up out of the bed! And it isn't just that I am laying in bed, I was tired on the couch, I was tired at the desk, I was tired eating dinner! WTF? Where did that come from? It wasn't as if I haven't packed all this into a day before..... I have. I wasn't tired doing it then, so what has changed now? Eh... I don't know. Maybe I'm getting old.....

So, Oscar is settling in rather well. I bought him a harness to wear when we go out. He had a collar, but my BIL has never taught Oscar to walk on a leash, so I thought a harness would work so much better than yanking little Oscar along by his neck. I know I wouldn't want to be yanked around the park by my neck. The nippy-ness has subsided almost completely as well. Every once in a while he'll go a little nuts, but the episodes are few and far between. Oscar even likes his new wardrobe! Now I have two fuzzies to dress up.

The new year is coming. This year has been a really harsh roller coaster for us as a family. Between the homelessness, the moving all over, the jobs, and the schools, we have been extremely lucky that Lady Karma has come around for us. I offer up my thanks every day that we have a nice home, a great school, HHH has a steady job, the kids have a great doctor in town, and I have made really nice friends. Real friends... not just Internet friends! I am also thankful I have gotten to meet at least one of my Internet friends this year as well. I have to say, without you all out there in the interwebz cheering me up and cheering me on.... I seriously would have given up at more than one point this year. I am thankful to you all for your good wishes this year.

I think I am going to take a hot shower and a nap........ just as soon as HHH comes home from helping a friend move so I have my Hot Hunky Hubby to snuggle up to!

SNZZNXXZXXXXZZZZZZ........(obligatory snore noise!)

3 comments:

Finn said...

It's great to head into a new year on a high note. May 2009 be the best one yet for you guys. You've earned it.

metalmom said...

Your new year will awesome. You have each other and now you have Oscar. Now go have a nap too!

Putz said...

i know exactly what is wrong with you...you try to do too damned much....kides, cooking cleaning, my wife vacumns in her sleep because she must...why don't i help???don't get funny, if i try to vacume for her she graps in out of my hands and says not a man job...well what is a man's job, she won't let me cook, wash chothes{that takes too much intellegence} so she over tires herslf and i watch.....