Wednesday, December 10, 2008

High Five!!

Alrighty then! Avitable sent me the five questions dealy-o http://tinyurl.com/6nmrt4 and I can't wait to get started. So, without any further ado, (what ever the hell an "Ado" is...), here are my Five Questions and Answers!!!





#1. IS BLONDE REALLY THAT FABULOUS?





One could say it is a matter of opinion whether being blonde is more fabulous than being another hair color,.... say a red head. Many famous women have been blonde. Marylin Monroe, Hillary Clinton, Holly, Bridget, & Kendra. All these women are fabulous in their own right, but what if they had been brunettes? (I think the first and last examples were brunettes at some point.) The point is, no matter what hair color I am, I am always going to think of myself as one of the most fabulous women on the planet! Yeah, baby! Grrrrrrr!





#2 WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WRITE IN ALL ITALICS? DO YOU FEEL LIKE IT GIVES EVERYTHING MORE EMPHASIS?





A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...... WAIT! Wrong story. Where was I? Oh yeah, italics. I like the prettiness of the letters when they are in italic case. Plus, truth be told, I am a little crooked and slanted myself. What better way to represent that in my writing than to use crooked, slanting letters!





#3. WHAT'S THE WORST THING ABOUT STAYING HOME?





You are NEVER done with the house work. Never. I can clean up everything in the house, do every item of laundry, wash all the floors, and steam clean all the carpets..... but 5 minutes after everyone comes home, it's back to mess city. Basically, there is a lot of repetition and that can make a person crazy which is why I do things like cake decorating, catering, & blogging. Gotta keep the mind sharp, or at least some kind of unreasonable facsimile!





#4. DO YOU HAVE A VELVET ELVIS?

































Hmmmm...... what do you think? This is from one of Elvis's concerts in Hawaii. When we lived in Memphis, I learned more about the man who was King than I thought I wanted to know. I made pilgrimages to Graceland to see the holiday light displays, ate at the very same Krispy Kreme that used to deliver to Elvis's home, and learned the words to all of his hits.(Not by choice. The restaurant I worked for played his music nonstop!) When HHH and I finally married in the same city Elvis had married in, (Vegas baby!), we knew our lives were forever more intertwined and as luck would have it.... one day we found an actual, painted Velvet Elvis. Not just a mass produced piece of crap, this was a real velvet painting, beautiful and haunting. But just in case you didn't mean the painting type of Velvet Elvis, I also have a CD of Weird Al Yankovic singing his song "Velvet Elvis". I love that too!





#5. WHAT'S THE FAVORITE PLACE YOU'VE EVER LIVED?





That would have to be a tie. I truly love Florida. I was born and raised here. I like that on New Years Day I can go wading in the surf and not freeze my ass off. Right now, Sarasota is wonderful, but coming in right along side of it is..... Mud Island in Memphis TN. Yes for all the crime, havoc, and misery we experienced in Memphis, when we lived on Mud Island it was a paradise. BTW, Mud Island wasn't just some crappy pile of dirt on the Mississippi, but it was an enclave of the rich and famous in Memphis where paddle boats named the Delta Queen abounded and you wondered if Brett Maverick was going to be having a card game around the corner in one of the mansions. I also worked at the gourmet restaurant and grocery that was in this planned community, so I basically could walk to work, I knew everyone that came in to eat, and it was a safer place to live because you had to cross a bridge to get to it, and we always knew when someone unsavory came into the neighborhood. Oh and the people were absolutely gorgeous! I met Priscilla Presley, Billy Bob Thornton, Justin Timberlake, and Samuel Jackson along with Shane Battier, John Calipari, and Pau Gasol. For the different holidays, the neighborhood association would have yard and house decorating contests, and some of these places were on the same caliber as Adam's Halloween decorations! Giant spiders looked like they were munching on mansions, while graveyards and zombies emerged from manacured lawns! For Christmachaunakwanzdwalika, the neighborhood would be practically dripping with lights! We would have Jazz Brunches at the restaurant with a live band, street parties, and fireworks! It was amazing. The only time I ever liked snow was when I was walking home from work one evening just as fat, white flakes began to spangle the landscape. It was magical. Hmmmmm...... maybe Mud Island is the winner after all.





So there you have it. My five questions and answers. Hope this helped you understand a little more about good ol' Blondefabulous! Later this week I'll answer the questions you all gave me. Wanna be asked 5 questions? Just follow the instructions below!





"Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." along with your email. 2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions."

5 comments:

Avitable said...

Very nice - thanks for participating!

Putz said...

my question is why isn't bowling green the mostest favorite place you have ever lived...i really really liked that place...thinking about retireing threre

Finn said...

A velvet Elvis? Really? That killed me!

Mud Island sounds wonderful. Why didn't you stay?

Blondefabulous said...

AVITABLE: Good questions all.

PUTZ: I was only in Bowling Green because of circumstances that were bad. Bowling Green will always remind me of that.

FINN: Yep. Velvet Elvis. He watches over us. We ended up leaving Mud Island but a happenstance of thinking we were moving back to Fla, having made all the arrangements to leave, then having the arrangements in Fla fall through, but the Tenn. ones holding, so we had to move from the wonderful Island to icky rest of Memphis. Meh.

GingerSnaps said...

OMG, you have a Velvet Elvis!!! You have met Justin Timberlake!!! I am in awe of you! : )