Monday, November 17, 2008

Will It Ever End?


Not talking about the mass of cute photo's of my kids, but the pestilence we have had since September! Honestly, when will this crap go away? I have no idea. I am getting sorely tired of it though, because it is causing my kids to miss school. Not the eldest, who has the immune system from hell, but the two diabetics, who need all the immunity help they can get! Let me explain...


I got up this morning after a rather rough night with HHH.(GET you mind out of the gutter!! He has a head cold and was a snoring, sneezing, nose-blowing mess!) I get up and moving, and get Rebecca up and moving as well. She dresses and is still nose deep in her "Twilight" , book waiting for time to go down to the bus stop. She was absolutely fine. Nothing even remotely wrong with that one. I send her off and get the other two up and O-M-G! Fevers and two pack a day couch going on there! Yikes! The day before my two little ones sounded fine! WTF man?? I make the executive decision not to send them to school. There is a standing policy that if you child is just coughing or has a runny nose, go ahead and send them to school, but if your child has a fever, keep them home. I'm good with that. It's an OK plan, but if some kid is a veritable germ factory, I would rather have them stay home too. No need for little Germy Johnny to sneeze all over my kid and keep getting them sick! I knew this was going to happen at the beginning of the year. Even though I asked the teachers not to sit Morgan or Junior next to an ill child, I know that that will not always be the case. Teachers have enough to worry about. At this point in time, I am really feeling like I need to secure an industrial bottle of hand sanitizer around my kids neck with a lanyard and train them to sanitize every time the touch ANYTHING!!!!!! Kind of reminds me of the character Mr. Humberfloob in the "Cat In The Hat". That guy had an OCD obsession with hand sanitizer.


So, to combat this latest infestation of germyness, I made chicken soup YET AGAIN! Simmered it all day from 8:30am on into the afternoon. HHH came home and followed his nose to the kitchen. The soup aroma was the only thing to penetrate his stuffiness. I liberally applied soup until everyone was full and then it was time for guests. Yes, I had agreed to watch Ms. M's 3 boys while she was off at a meeting for Mona Vie, which I gather is some kind of diet thingy. I agreed to watch her boys while she went to this affair. Now I have a 4 year old, a 6 year old, and an 11 year old added to my 3. The 11 year old is playing NCAA09 with HHH, and the two younger ones are playing in Juniors room. (I'd try to identify them with initials, but all of their names start with J.) She'll be out until about 10:30pm. Not bad. This is the kind woman who runs me up to get Morgan from ballet practice 2 days a week, so I was more than happy to do this for her. ( I just hope I don't run out of entertaining things to do!)


So here I am with a house full of kids, soup still on the stove, and writing a blog to you all. Pity me.


Also, if you would like for me to send you some cheery holiday greetings, just send your addy to nicolewetherington1972@yahoo.com and I will add you to my list! Come on.... you know you want to get a card from me!!!!!

4 comments:

Russ said...

We're just getting over the crud here. I made chicken soup last week (from left over roast chicken) and it was just the ticket.

Thanks for embarrassing chicken u last weekend, it made me smile. Now if we could just do the same to them.

Putz said...

really can i have a bowl, please??????

Hilly said...

I'm sending voodoo loving to get rid of your funk!

Bec said...

Oh honey, I can and do sympathise. The only person not feeling like crap at the moment in this house is me. The sicky bug that is flying around is making me very very glad there are two bathrooms!
Am sending sympathy and the fact that homemade vegetable soup works just as well!