Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What I Did Today.

Very little.

Oh, it isn't like I had things to do. I really did have several things to do. There is a mountain of laundry that needed to be done.....but my washing machine has been on the fritz since Saturday. The laundry was up to ass cheek level. I had dishes that needed to be done. Yesterday's taco night had made quite a few extra dishes, what with all the diced tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and so on and so forth. I was feeling like crap because of my "Aunt Flo" has come to visit. Lately, she leaves me weak and light headed. (Yes I am losing that much blood. TMI, sorry.) The floor needed to be steamed. Toby has taken to trying to over eat and ends up yourking up the excess under the dining room table. Annoying.... very.

See I had so much that needed to get done. Did it get done? Nope. At least, not until around 3pm, when Ms. M called me to ask if I minded picking up her son Middle J from school. I said no problem and asked what was up and she said she had been rear ended that morning and that she was beginning to feel the effects of said accident. She was en route to the emergency room as we were talking on the phone and stopped by to drop off a note giving the school permission to give me custody of her son. (The school is VERY strict on who is allowed to take a child from it's doors.) That was the motivation that kicked my ass into gear. I got the house cleaned up, got Rebecca started on emptying the dishwasher and reloading it, piled up all the laundry in another room, and got the place looking decent!

It's funny how someone else seeing my home in a state of disarray will actually get my butt off the couch.

In other news, I got my very first guest blogger spot! Dude, I will be at Out Of My Tree next week on Wednesday, so don't forget to stop over there and have a looksie! Not now, on Wednesday dork!

2 comments:

Finn said...

Hate days like that, don't you? I think the time change sucks the motivation right out of me. It's January before I'm myself again!

Putz said...

i had to blog, then rest, and then watch the gargage truck pickup, and then blog, no dishes...ate a 1 dollar mexican tv dinner, no wash, i am still wearing last weeks clothes...i do do for myself when i hast too, but do not stain...wife picks up after herself, so what is there to do, watch birds, blog