Monday, November 10, 2008

Say What?

45 days.

45 days till the big day.

45 days till my children measure my love for them in tally's of brightly coloured boxes with shiny ribbon and bows.

45 days until....... CHRISTMAS!

Oh my kids will be loving and charitable. I get patted down for spare coinage when approaching the Salvation Army bell ringers, they always want to pick kids off of every angel tree we see in every mall we visit, and they always include gifts for HHH and me in their lists to Santa. I'm not worried about them really getting greedy, or stingy, or rude about the getting..... I am worried about what they are going to be seeing on TV, reading in the circulars, and hearing on the playground. I worry about the, "If you don't have the latest cyber robotic super mutant ninja monkey toy you're a complete goobwad slime ball." I worry about little girls teasing my daughter when she doesn't get the right color doll clothes, I ESPECIALLY worry about Rebecca being in middle school and not receiving the "right" gifts that will make her accepted by her peers. It sucks...... but it is a fact of life. I lived it, HHH lived it, my kids will have to live with it. It would be nice if the advertisers would ease up on the hard sell commercials and kind of push the peace, joy, and love part of the holidays, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

I say again, in case you haven't realized it yet.....

45 days people!

GIRD YOUR LOINS!

9 comments:

Russ said...

Holy cow woman! I know you have been a bit under the weather, but the count down already! I don't even think about it until after Turkey day.

cozysoul said...

Totally on the same page with you. My friends still spend more money on their children for Christmas than I do. And some of them have more children, too. It has gotten a bit out of hand. I'd rather my sons have the "things" that will last them a lifetime.That they won't outgrow or get tired of. If you know what I mean.

(My guess is, "The Devil Wears Prada". lol)

Putz said...

ny loins are gird

metalmom said...

I hated that shit. Sure you got a CD player but it wasn't a 'walkman'. GRR...middle school is a nightmare.

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I still can't believe it's already 2008, much less the end of 2008. Where did the year go?

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: Yeah, but I have 3 who are older that I have to buy for, which means the gifts can get a little pricey.

COZYSOUL: Is it too much to ask that there be a little peace and love shoved into those hard sell toy commercials?

PUTZ: Good. How many grandkids do you have to make gifty purchases for again??

METALMOM: I can remember friends coming over on Christmas day to look at what I got and compare it to their pile. This is Rebecca's first year in middle school, so we'll see what happens.

MS.FLORIDA TRANSPLANT: 2008 just flew by for us too. What with the family turning on us, being homeless, job loss and all.

Agent Elle said...

Oh don't remind me! I have to do all of my shopping yet. Seriously. I've been running late this year. So to me, that means 45 more days in which to PANIC.

Putz said...

eight grand kids at 200 weach, 5 kids at 400 each, my wife 500, friends at 10 each....sisters at 300 each makes at least 5000 bucks, at least

Christina LMT said...

I'm boycotting Christmas this year. My kids all know, and they appear to be cool with it. Ergo, I won't spend a dime.