Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh Yule Log, Oh Yule Log.......

I need to make another one of these. I made this one last year for my mother out of gluten free goods, but I am thinking about making a few regular ones and giving them out as gifts to my neighbors. They have already been given chicken soup when they were sick, caramel apples when it turned chilly here, and I think a nice Yule Log will round out the fattening up of my friends! The little boy down stairs is just sooooo cute. He is Mrs. J's son. He came home with his mother the other morning from dropping off his sister at school just as I was walking up from depositing mine. He gave me the sweetest smile and asked in his most polite voice, "Miss Mcole! Miss Mcole! Will you make something for me?" How can I resist?? I made him chocolate chip cookies and he was doing a happy dance when I gave them to him!
So I am going to start inventorying my kitchen, and gathering all the things I will need. Christmas is coming.....AND I'M GONNA MAKE EVERYONE FAT!

7 comments:

Christina LMT said...

Wow. I feel a mixture of regret and relief that I don't live close to you!
That cake looks fabulous, btw.

Russ said...

That looks damn good! I've always been curious to try a Yule Log, but I never have found the nerve to do it. Not for any good reason, just haven't done it.

Finn said...

My ass is thrilled that you don't live close to me. My mouth is kinda bummed though.

kapgar said...

yum! Need an address to send some to?

Nicole said...

Yo lo necessito!!

No seriously wuld you be up to making one for me and my family for Xmas?? It's beautiful1!! I'll come up to get it and everything!

Putz said...

christmas is coming goose is getting fat, please out a penny in the old man's hat...if you don't have a penny, a hapenny will do, if you don't have a hapenny, then god bless you

Queen of Clean said...

Oh wow, that looks great!

What are the mushroom made from? They look a little safer than the ones my husband finds in the woods!