Saturday, November 8, 2008

Knocked On My Ass.


Oh yeah.


Totally.


I spent most of today in bed. I felt like complete and total crap. It's all my own fault, but I just thought you should know. I tried to get up out of bed this morning, but felt nauseous, so after making breakfast for HHH and myself, I went back to bed and slept for another 4 hours. This is unheard of for me. Usually, I get up, and that's it for the day. Time to get started on the multitude of crap I fill my day with, like laundry, floor cleaning, dishes, etc, etc...... Not today, boy. Then when I finally get up, I still felt like blowing chunks all over the living room! What the hell man?!? Finally I was tired of being inside on what was one of the most beautiful fall days I had ever seen in Florida, so we all went for a walk. I believe I Twittered about it. We walked to the Blockbuster, got Wii Olympics and Kung Fu Panda, and slowly shuffled home. I say slowly shuffled because along with wanting to hurl chunks everywhere, my old foot injury has decided to rear it's ugly head. Imagine, if you will, a day long ago....5 years or so..... when a simple mother was unpacking her groceries and did not notice that the box of Cokes she had placed on the counter was broken. Watch in your mind as one of the cans rolls from the broken box in slow motion, reaching the edge of the counter and topples over, landing in a bone crunching crush on the mothers foot right in between the toes and the navicular, fracturing the tarsals and hobbling the mother for months! Flash fore ward to today, when the same mother is trying to walk with out looking like a total dork, and not accomplishing it very well. Why in the hell would an old injury wait that long to start acting like a jerk wad?? Honestly? If the weather was shitty I could see it, but it isn't. It is beautiful outside,... sunny, breezy, temps in the 70's. What more could you ask for in a fall day in Florida? YAWN! And I am still tired. If I had a complete night's sleep, and an extra 4 more hours this morning, why am I tired right now? (Could be that HHH made a killer lasagna from scratch and I am stuff and happy.) Ah well, I guess there is nothing left to do but snuggle down in bed and watch the Gators thrash their latest opponet. Either that or watch Kung Fu Panda again.


Everybody was Kung Fu fighting...... Na na na na...nana....nana...na!

5 comments:

cozysoul said...

Sorry to hear that you were suffering so much today. Hopefully there will be a big improvement come tomorrow. As for the old injury coming back to haunt you....a friend of mine fell down a couple stairs a few years ago. She healed and thought all was well. But, to this day, out of no where, it can act up and she feels as if the injury just happened.And no logic as to what triggered it. Weird, but common. Take care of yourself.

Putz said...

i am convinced when i get sick and then get well, i really don't get well at all...what i have goes and hides in my body and then later when things seem all good...the dasterdly thing comes back on me in a month and then again in 6 months and then again in a year

Bluepaintred said...

I Loved Kung fu Panda! that's the movie we took the kids too for Parker's birthday party!

Im sorry you are feeling crappy, I know how badly that sucks. Well except for the nice day part. We don't get nice days around these parts

Trukindog said...

FAST AS LIGHTING !

Bummer about your foot darlin & as far as blowin chunks goes...let R rip darlin, purge the system so to speak.

kvegas911 said...

....everybody was fast as lightning...HUH!!! LOL