Monday, November 3, 2008

I Had To Do WHAT Today??

Hello all!Happy Voting day to all of you who are like me and decided to wait till the day of to go and do your civic duty! This blog entry, however, is not about politics, voting, Obama's Grand mother dying, or anything like that...... today is about Morgan and her field trip, or as I like to call it,.... "Whaddaya mean I have to go on a field trip today?"


It started out like any regular Monday, better even, because we had an extra hour of sleep. I got everyone fed, shot up, and dressed and we headed out the door for school. I drop them off and think to myself, "Wow, I may take a short nap after breakfast before I start reassembling the house after a holiday weekend." I get home, start checking the Internet for news and reading blogs and suddenly the phone rings. I think it could be a last minute phone call from the politicos trying to get out the vote for their various candidates. Nope! It is Morgan's teacher telling me that her field trip is .... TODAY!!! Oh. My. God. I thought today was Rebecca's field trip. No..... it's Morgan's. I tell her teacher I'll be right there and quick as anything I jump into the bathroom and emerge 10 minutes later as ... SUPERMOM! I shuffle off to the school and begin my wonderful morning of fun and frolic at the Florida State Theater. We went to see the Emperor's New Clothes. It was very good. The actors kept the kids engaged and kept them interested in the story. After the show, the actors answered the kids questions and gave them candy. Morgan was good and gave her candy to another child and I gave her gluten free crackers and peanut butter. She's such a good girl.












At the theater.







The trip back was uneventful. We got back to the school and it was business as usual. I left and started home to the mess that was left when I rushed out. As I surveyed the crap fest which was my home, I thought to myself, "I wish I could go back to the theater!"

1 comment:

Finn said...

Someone looks just like her mom... beautiful!